+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Milktini View Post
    It sounds like a huge mess, and there is no doubt the parents have called statutory rape. If the boy called it, it would have just been rape. It's real disgusting of the parents to bring such a mess into their son's life and also the other girl(as I am sure they would have been having consential sex) they should have been supportive, becoming a parent at 15 would be a life changing event.

He should pay CS, just not under these circumstances.
    I dont know. I think that statutory rape would be much easier to prove than rape, so even if the boy was the one reporting it, I would expect statutory rape to be the crime pursued.

----------------

However, a point to note is that at present she is only charged with the crime and hasn't yet been convicted, though the paternity of the child is pretty damning evidence.
    Last edited by sweetseven; 09-04-2012 at 09:50.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    It is not the child's fault. The child should not be punished.
    I'm with GFP here, how the hell is the rights of the child a factor when someone raped another person to conceive that child? Are you kidding me? They should be charged and the child put into care.

I was raped by my ex and contracted herpes, I now have this for life and can say from personal experience having to pay for my meds each month, as well as taking them daily is a horrible reminder of his lack of respect for my body and what he did to me. Yes different to this case but if I was forced to pay HIM money instead I would probably not be here anymore. It's almost giving them a reward for what they did.

In this case I don't see him as a 'rape' victim per say and agree he should be made to pay but in normal rape cases that attitude is seriously messed up.

GluttonForPunishment is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Optimistic Poster and Newbie of the Year Awards
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Rape victim my @rse. There is only 4 years age difference and I bet
    He had a smile on his face when he was getting his rocks off. Save the term rape for when the sex was
    Non consensual and/or the age gap was much greater.
    He is a victim of statutory rape. You're opinions have nothing to do with the law.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GluttonForPunishment For This Useful Post:

Bubmum  (10-04-2012),Deserama  (09-04-2012),lovesushi  (10-04-2012),mandlsmum  (09-04-2012),MoonMoon  (09-04-2012)

GluttonForPunishment is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Optimistic Poster and Newbie of the Year Awards
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not being particularly difficult here. But the opinions of rape or statutory rape in regards to the victim seem to differ greatly in our society based on the sex of said victim.

If the victim is a girl, she gets all the love a support in the world. But because it is a boy in this case, it's ok?

What's the difference?

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to GluttonForPunishment For This Useful Post:

Bubmum  (10-04-2012),Chocolate All Gone Now  (09-04-2012),LaurensMummy  (09-04-2012),lovesushi  (10-04-2012),MissMuppet  (09-04-2012),shockinamillion  (09-04-2012),singlemumma82  (09-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    How can a child's rights be ignored under any circumstances? Oh it must be an evil baby and deserve punishing hey? I'm out, that's atrocious.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

Deserama  (09-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GluttonForPunishment View Post
    I'm not being particularly difficult here. But the opinions of rape or statutory rape in regards to the victim seem to differ greatly in our society based on the sex of said victim.

If the victim is a girl, she gets all the love a support in the world. But because it is a boy in this case, it's ok?

What's the difference?
    There is no difference. It is never the fault of the child. The kid seems pretty supported in this case. Child support and custody and rape charges are all treated different, as they should be. He does not (yet) live with the child, he pays to support that child.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    How can a child's rights be ignored under any circumstances? Oh it must be an evil baby and deserve punishing hey? I'm out, that's atrocious.
    How can a victim be forced to pay for something when they had sex forced upon them? Let's reward the perpetrator, good idea! How bout instead the child be given to a family who would love them.

From personal experience, and luckily no child was conceived, handing over money each month is simply a reminder of what he did to me, it took me months and an overdose attempt to finally start the medications I need and now I suffer finically each month as a result of HIS actions! I had no say, my wishes where ignored.

Thanks
    Reviews
    There is a reason statutory rape laws exist. The boy is 15 and while he might have consented, a 15yo child doesn't have a mature thought process that analyses the risks and consequences associated with unprotected sex. The only thing he was probably thinking about was getting off.

It doesn't matter that the female was 19 or 29- she is an adult, who should know better. Don't have sex with a child and use protection or deal with consequences. She chose to have unprotected sex with a child and chose to not use protection and now she has a baby. These are her choices, and she needs to deal with the consequences.

While the baby is a victim, he boys parents are right in being annoyed that he should have to pay child support- because he is also a victim. He fact they want custody of the baby to ensure a stable home life is a fantastic, and I hope they gain custody.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Luna Lovegood For This Useful Post:

singlemumma82  (09-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by GluttonForPunishment View Post
    He is a victim of statutory rape. You're opinions have nothing to do with the law.
    My opinion is that the law is not right and needs to be changed. A 15 year old and 19 year old having consensual sex should not be labelled rape just because the parents (blind/negligent? To what was going on in their own
    Home) were disappointed with the CHOICE their 15 year old made to get his rocks off at the first available opportunity (I don't for one minute believe the boy had to be pressured into having sex).

14. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

CazHazKidz  (10-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    My opinion is that the law is not right and needs to be changed. A 15 year old and 19 year old having consensual sex should not be labelled rape just because the parents (blind/negligent? To what was going on in their own
    Home) were disappointed with the CHOICE their 15 year old made to get his rocks off at the first available opportunity (I don't for one minute believe the boy had to be pressured into having sex).
    The 15 year old child didn't have the right right to choose. His 'choice' is irrelevant because he doesn't have the ability to make a reasonable or responsible choice- in the eyes of the law or science.

The only person who had the right to make the choice was the 19 year old woman. She had the choice to have unprotected sex with a child, or to not have unprotected sex with a child.