+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Luna Lovegod, I do agree although in this situation it's tricky because this boy 'apparantly' wants to play the father role (according to his parents anyway!) I think if he chooses to be father, he should be given that right and I do think the baby would be better off with his family. This is why I think *in the meantime* his family should prove they are trying to do the right thing by paying the small amount of child support.

Do I think adults should prey on teens, have children with them, the victim chooses to not want to be a parent, and then the perp claim child support - ABSOLUTELY NOT. But this case is slightly different as he's chosen to play father role, just as share a book has chosen mother role and has taken on the financial burden.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Luna Lovegood View Post
    You've really missed my point by a long shot.

The victim should not be forced to pay child support because they did not consent to the sex or any further action. The victim has the choice to keep the pregnancy/be a parent involved in the child's life, but they shouldn't be forced by having to keep the baby or pay child support. The victim deserves to have a choice.

From what I've read, your the victim and your child's father is the perpertrator, and he deserves to pay and more than financially! However, when you fell pregnant you made a choice to keep the baby, and therefore be responsible for your baby. That's amazing, and not many people could do that.

I'm sorry if you took offence, but I am pro-victim. In the case in the OP the baby needs to be in a loving, supportive home, which by the sounds of it, neither biological parent can provide. I agree with you that the child is also a victim, but to force the 16yo into paying is cruel. The best option is an alternative carer (the boys parents, adoptions, etc).
    I haven't missed the point. Like I said in the other thread, you say my child deserves that financial support, why is a baby suddenly less deserving if living with the other parent?

I'm pro-victim, too. But the baby is also a victim, and even more in need of being spoken up for due to the inability to have a voice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    I haven't missed the point. Like I said in the other thread, you say my child deserves that financial support, why is a baby suddenly less deserving if living with the other parent?

I'm pro-victim, too. But the baby is also a victim, and even more in need of being spoken up for due to the inability to have a voice.
    I'm sorry but you really are missing the point.

If your baby was living with the other parent, then your baby would be living with a rapist and in that case, yes someone does need to stand up for the baby and remove it from a potentially unsafe environment and place it in a home with loving careers who can and are willing to provide for the child.

The rape victim should not be traumatised further by being forced to pay their rapist to raise a child that was created during their violation.

The baby is a victim, but the rape victim shouldn't be forced to be responsible for the child unless they choose to. To force a man to pay child support for a child that is the product of rape is like forcing a woman to keep a pregnancy that is the product of rape. I can't imagine people being ok with a woman who is forced to keep a pregnancy that is the result of rape.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Luna Lovegood For This Useful Post:

Gandalf  (11-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Luna Lovegood View Post
    I'm sorry but you really are missing the point.

If your baby was living with the other parent, then your baby would be living with a rapist and in that case, yes someone does need to stand up for the baby and remove it from a potentially unsafe environment and place it in a home with loving careers who can and are willing to provide for the child.

The rape victim should not be traumatised further by being forced to pay their rapist to raise a child that was created during their violation.

The baby is a victim, but the rape victim shouldn't be forced to be responsible for the child unless they choose to. To force a man to pay child support for a child that is the product of rape is like forcing a woman to keep a pregnancy that is the product of rape. I can't imagine people being ok with a woman who is forced to keep a pregnancy that is the result of rape.
    Yes the child should be removed from the rapist, but my views on child support stand. A baby is entitled to that support regardless of which parent has custody. It is the baby that misses out, and is punished because of the actions of an adult.

I also said in the other thread that I cannot see how a child would live with a rapist once convicted, because my child's father is unable to have even supervised access. At the time this was written, the mother had not yet been convicted, so it was still a case of the child having 2 parents, both of whom needed to take responsibility at least financially. They were fighting for custody and she was being charged with statutory rape, and I cannot see how any court would say the mother gets custody.