+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smileygirl View Post
    since when is supporting your child a punishment?
    Um, when you were raped?
    It's not rocket science.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to zombiekitty For This Useful Post:

singlemumma82  (09-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    I doubt this boy felt he was a victim when having consensual sex...
    Maybe not but the LAW states he was.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to zombiekitty For This Useful Post:

Bubmum  (10-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GluttonForPunishment View Post
    If, making the 15 year old female again, I said "Yeah, but she enjoyed every minute of it and enjoyed getting done by an older man," I would, rightfully so, be strung up!
    Totally agree! It's shameful that some people believe male children should not be afforded the same protection as female children.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

Bubmum  (10-04-2012),Etienne  (09-04-2012),fairyflossfairy  (09-04-2012),lovesushi  (10-04-2012),Luna Lovegood  (09-04-2012),MissMuppet  (09-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smileygirl View Post
    since when is supporting your child a punishment?

and who, in this case...is the victim?

by the statutes...i could be accused of rape. Why? Because I have had sex that I initiated with my husband when he was drunk and I was sober. Technically, he could not consent as he was drunk.

things can be twisted easily...
    There are 2 victims here. The teenage CHILD and his child. The little one should not be punished for the actions of the adult in the equation. Taking away child support punishes children, no matter the circumstance.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

Deserama  (10-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    the GIRL is a teenage CHILD too

in this case, i really believe that none of them need to be victims.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do not believe a 19 year old is a child. Big difference in maturity between a 15 year old and a 19 year old.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MissMuppet For This Useful Post:

Deserama  (10-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    There are 2 victims here. The teenage CHILD and his child. The little one should not be punished for the actions of the adult in the equation. Taking away child support punishes children, no matter the circumstance.
    This doesn't make any sense.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by zombiekitty View Post
    This doesn't make any sense.
    Which part? Yes I believe a 15 year old is a child, therefore a victim, however $25 each fortnight towards his child, who is totally innocent and needing support, is fair.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a few thoughts here. Many of you are saying a 15 year old consenting to sex is fine. What about a 14 year old? 13 year old? 12 year old? 11?
    When is too young? At what age do children just wake up and know that if they have sex, it can result in a child that they will have for the rest of their life, with potenially millions of dollars going towards it's care, maintainance and education? Some adults still have trouble with this concept of how PERMANANT children are, and how much they cost financially to look after for 18ish years.
    Secondly, a 4 year age gap is ok? So, if the 15 year old, who seemingly was ready to have sex, went the other way with an 11 year old girl... that's okay with you? I mean if she liked it. Some 11 year olds are developed and might "want it".
    No. As the law states, they are children. They might THINK that they know what they want and that there are consequences, but I doubt very many can truly grasp the implications of sex at that age. Not only pregnancy, but STIs. Honestly, what 15 year old is thinking about that? How many young teens think above 5 years in the future anyway?
    I know there may be some of you who have had kids young and it worked out, and that's wonderful... but I don't think it should be encouraged, or made to be "normal" or "okay" for everyone. The laws are there for a reason.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Psylent For This Useful Post:

happygrl  (09-04-2012),lovesushi  (10-04-2012),Luna Lovegood  (09-04-2012),singlemumma82  (09-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The other thing to consider in this is what if the girl wasnt 19, but say 29, and desperate for a baby, she then seduced a young 15 year old boy into sex resulting in a baby, should he still be made to pay? What is she convinced him she was on the pill and unable to get pregnant? I know many men my age who still don't understand a woman's cycle and ovulation, I can't imagine many 15 year olds do.

Yes in this case they where only a few years apart but statutory rape is a law in place for people more than 2 years older when the minor is below 16.