+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Good to know then, not that she was having a problem with using it was just curious. I have heard of nebulizers being quite affective?? She has a vaporizer but apparently not as good as the nebulizer

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    a bit OT but, i grew up on a nebuliser... i spent more than half of my childhood on one actually.

it takes ages, and from my experience (although at the time there was no other way really as i was always chronically ill with my asthma all.the.time) its kinda cruel to make a little one sit there for a long period of time on one, when it can be over quickly with inhalers and a spacer.

i use a spacer now and love it! i believe it also has reduced the risk of oral thrush which i have sometimes gotten despite rinsing my mouth afterwards.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    As previously mentioned in this thread I was told by my paediatrician to always use a spacer as it makes the ventolin more efficient.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    As bad as it may sound, the more kids scream & cry when having spacers, the better it is. Their airways open up further getting more medication in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You can contact Asthma Australia for information and advice on 1800ASTHMA (1800278462) you can also register online to have a free Control pack sent to you that has heaps of information to help you better manage asthma symptoms and includes an emergency fridge magnet.
    http://asthmaaustralia.org.au/assist/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DD1 was given an inhaler for the first time at 18yo, and the Dr gave her a spacer.