+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Dukan....

Hi I'm interested in finding out from others who have done the Dukan diet.., what did you eat during phase 1??
    Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi, i've just finished doing it. I did it for my sisters wedding, and lost 12 kg's in 2 months. Lost 5 kg's in the first week.
    In phase 1, I ate yoghurt mixed with 1 tablespoon of oat bran, eggs, chicken and other meats. And some fish as well.
    Highly recommended for a quick fix or if you have loads of willpower.
    Don't forget to drink 2 liters of water each day

3. The Following User Says Thank You to RubySunrise For This Useful Post:

babyla  (08-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know this diet can be great for weightloss but please talk to a doctor first, it can be dangerous for some people,also be prepared to stick to it long time if you don't want to gain the weight back

Eg, people with pcos

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daysta112 For This Useful Post:

babyla  (08-04-2012),jennibear  (08-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mellyjane View Post
    Hi, i've just finished doing it. I did it for my sisters wedding, and lost 12 kg's in 2 months. Lost 5 kg's in the first week.
    In phase 1, I ate yoghurt mixed with 1 tablespoon of oat bran, eggs, chicken and other meats. And some fish as well.
    Highly recommended for a quick fix or if you have loads of willpower.
    Don't forget to drink 2 liters of water each day
    Thanks! It's for a wedding too. What kind/brand of yoghurt did you eat? Did you stick to phase 1 for whole week?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey I tried the dukan diet stuck with the all protein for 7 days lol I didn't lose any weight and I was exercising cardio at least an hour a day I ate heaps of eggs and chicken some tbone and ham and I snacked on natural yoghurt and also there is a sugar free fat free flavored Greek yoghurt which was amazingly tasty I also ate 1 Atkins protein bar a day which gave me the feeling of eating sweets which I am insanely addicted to. This diet was extremely hard for me to stick to but I'm not much of a meat eater I'm sure it's easy for others lol my girlfriend lost 5 kgs in 2 weeks and she was eating high fatty meats and hardly exercised. I have no idea why I never lost weight but it disappointed me greatly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    Thanks! It's for a wedding too. What kind/brand of yoghurt did you eat? Did you stick to phase 1 for whole week?
    I ate vaalia yoghurt and yep I did the first phase for a whole week. But drinking loads of water really helps. I also only did the recommended 30 mins of walking a day.
    I don't know what you currently weigh, but I weighed 85kgs when I first started it, and this was my left over baby weight.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to RubySunrise For This Useful Post:

babyla  (08-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I ate vaalia yoghurt and yep I did the first phase for a whole week. But drinking loads of water really helps. I also only did the recommended 30 mins of walking a day.
    I don't know what you currently weigh, but I weighed 85kgs when I first started it, and this was my left over baby weight.
    Thanks Mellyjane! It's the baby weight. I'm at 64 and would like to get to 55. I've list about 11 kg so far.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well good luck! As long as you have willpower, you'll be fine!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to RubySunrise For This Useful Post:

babyla  (08-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've done it, lost 7lbs (sorry, in UK and work in llbs not kgs but think its about 3-4kg) I didn't have much more to lose and was was on the 2nd cruise phase and half way to target when I got my BFP. I'm well and truly back on the carbs now as the thought of protein is making me gag (apart from McDonalds burgers!). I will do it again once baby arrives and go through all the phases as I think this is essential to keep the weight off.

I did the attack phase for 3 days and my diet consisted of:

Fat free vanilla yogurt
    Egg white omelettes/ boiled eggs/poached eggs
    Lean ham and low fat cottage cheese
    Chicken breast with spices/curry powder/yogurt marinade
    Oat bran cookies
    Salmon
    Prawns
    Tea/coffee with skimmed milk
    Loads of water to drink
    A daily multivitamin

I found it relatively easy to follow and didn't miss carbs at all but was glad to be on the second phase to introduce veg again!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Saz71 For This Useful Post:

babyla  (08-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well good luck! As long as you have willpower, you'll be fine!
    Willpowers not a strength of mine but I'm giving it a go. Thanks again!