+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default How long for hormones to 'settle'?

How long did it take for you to return to 'normal' emotionally? I am day 5 post misscarriage after misoprostal (missed misscarriage). I did not want a D & C.
    I was a bit teary on day 3 and most definatley had my witch boots on. This morning I am so so fragile and have been in tears most of the morning on and off.
    Did this happen to you? I know I was very fragile day 5 after having DS.
    DH wants me to go back on anti-depressants, which I have used in teh past (PND) and used for 2 weeks for severe PMS before we got pregnant. I have said no at this stage as I believe it will get better.

I jsut hate feeling like this. It is so hard. I was supposed to be going for my 12 week scan on Wednesday. I know I have to get past all these 'Should have's'. It is just hard.

I am seeing a counsellor.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Luey, I'm so sorry for your loss. I think everyone is different. But for me I was like two or three weeks after the D&C I had before my emotions started leveling out. Then I just had bad days where I felt so sad. I figured that was just normal.
    I think it's great you're seeing a counsellor. It's only happened a few days ago, personally I think you need a lot more time hormonally to settle and emotions will soon follow. I'm not sure about PND because I haven't been down that road but at least you know the signs. Just trust yourself that you'll know if the time comes to take medication. I would say its very early days right now.
    Again, I'm so sorry. Hugs and thoughts are with you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good question!!
    I have been doing IVF & finally got my POSITIVE but miscarried on good Friday - totally guttered.
    I woke up Saturday & realised how empty I felt... I screamed & cried like someone had died ;(
    I woke up this morning had a little teary but I'm feeling better just very depressed...

FIRST CYCLE FEB/MAR 2011
    IVF ICSI ANTAGONIST
    BFP - but sadly miscarried @ 6 weeks.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hugs Marttc- I know how you are feeling. It is nice to know I am 'normal'

Thanks tamtam

I guess because I have cried so much over the last 5ish weeks (started spotting at 6weeks) I didn't expect to feel so rubbish today. I have spent the last month 'waiting'. I am pleased it is over and I can start to 'move on'. I guess the hormones are dropping which is why I am so fragile.. I did a preg test and it showed up still as positive, straight away on an internet cheapie so my HCG is still up. I would never have thought I would be sad to see a positive on a preg test.
    I guess it is 'healing' and it will take time. My counsellor told me to say 'of course' if I feel sad or any emotions but that isn't working today. I am frustrated with myself which doesn't help. I am starting to gain some calmness again. I feel calmer tomorrow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, think we are both normal...
    Just hurts bad hey? Can't get over the numb feeling yet..... Pretty sure once the bleeding has stopped & we start making plans for a new transfer we will then have something to focus on...

Hope your doing a little better?

We told a few friends & they keep bringing me flowers... Makes me cry but I know they mean well

FIRST CYCLE FEB/MAR 2011
    IVF ICSI ANTAGONIST
    BFP - but sadly miscarried @ 6 weeks.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks MARTTC, I am better today. Very witchy but have exercised and have decided that I have to stop eating crap. I have to get back to sensible eating and lose the 3kg!!! I have gained in the last month or so. I now have 5kg or more to reach my goal.
    I am past the numb feeling. I have known for a while, just been waiting. I am now dealing with my hormones returning to 'normal'.
    I just want the bleeding to stop, I want to go relax in the pool but it is not possible.
    I hope you are doing ok today

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi luey, I'm so sorry to read about your loss. I did three ivf cycles & one fet and fell pregnant in nov. miscarriages at 7 weeks. I think I cried for 6 weeks straight & I'm still sad. The best advice I can give you is to just be kind to yourself. If you feel sad be sad. Crying did help for sure and talking to friends that it has happened to. Over time it gets much better when the hormones settle down but that took a while. I read a lot on websites for loss and when I acknowledges that it happens to lots of women I felt somewhat supported. Let yourself grieve the loss xx