+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Solids and reflux - did it improve the reflux?

Hello! As the title suggests, I'm wondering if mums noticed an improvement in reflux when your Lo started on solids?

Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    No, the first thing we tried was carrot and that made it way way worse. Then rice cereal and it didn't really affect the reflux either way.
    Last edited by duckduckgoose; 08-04-2012 at 16:41.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My dd had a massive improvement when we started solids. Pedeadtrician recommended weaning early and it was great. We only did rice cereal for a few weeks as she was 3.5 months. Then he said totally wean so we only did low acidic foods like pumpkin, zucchini, sweet potato etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks majestic and hopefully. I'm hoping it will help DS so will start at 4 months with my fingers crossed. It's horrible to see him in pain, even with the losec

Thanks
    Reviews
    we started solids when he was 4 months old and i dont think it helped. But babies differ, so just give it a try~

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hopefully2 View Post
    My dd had a massive improvement when we started solids. Pedeadtrician recommended weaning early and it was great. We only did rice cereal for a few weeks as she was 3.5 months. Then he said totally wean so we only did low acidic foods like pumpkin, zucchini, sweet potato etc.
    Yep same, paed recommended solids early. Both our boys had reflux. Once on solids the reflux settled.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    No, made things worse.

J has a long list of trigger foods.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Some good and bad feedback about starting solids with a reflux baby.... I'm surprised and sad to hear it made some babies worse! I have been counting on solids to turn things around for us, as so many people told me that it would! I know all babies are different.
    We started with baby rice yesterday and no pain reaction so far....I'm so scared as I have to go back to work three days a week in two months time and I desperately want things to resolve by then or I'm not sure how I can leave DS. I hate this reflux thing and my heart goes out to all of you per mummies in the same boat.
    Triple time - what are some of the trigger foods for your LO?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It didnt make things better or worse - but it did make the spew WAY more stinky. Both mine grew out of it by 10 months - nothing really helped by time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It has mildly gotten better but I'm still medicating... Fingers crossed he'll grow out of it soon! Reflux is the DEVIL!