+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Hmmm, I always used to play in the cul de sac when I was little. Probably why childhood obesity was all but unheard of back then. So did my DP actually. There's really not much traffic in cul de sacs at all.

Heck, down the road from my house there's always a group of young children playing on the street and I'm not even on a cul de sac and yes I (and probably most other responsible drivers) DO keep an eye out for children/pedestrians/dogs/cats and whatever else may be on the road.

Annoying about the car, absolutely, but I dunno.... I don't think a bit of playing in a cul de sac should be considered neglect.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    That she yelled at all put her in the wrong.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessC View Post
    AB, it was not the first time it had hit the car. She didnt rush out there and yell at them then. It was on the 3rd or 4th hit that the Op felt the need to say something! Again, If they had been supervised then after the 2nd time of hitting a car... Then a responsible adult would of said " Come on kids lets go out the back" !!
    I hear you. But she didn't speak to the parents any of those times. And then came out and yelled at them. I would have gone to the parents, explained what's going on and taken it from there. It's not her place, at all, to take possessions, use the word "get out" "get back" or anything else aggressive. Of course they stared blankly at her. Kids in groups do that, no matter how well behaved they are. It was handled badly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trishalishous View Post
    agreed. my inlaws live in a culdesac, and all the kids play in the road or in each others yards, from the littlest who is nearly 2 to the 14yo.
    if my car was so precious that i didnt want people near it, i would put it in secure storage, not park it on a public road.

It NORMALLY is, she is renovating and had to park it out. The point it RESPECT, respecting others property. Children(some) are so disrespectful and parents are allowing their children to be this way. I am so sick of seeing kids damage cars, trees, gardens statues, windows and parents replying with OH THEY ARE JUST KIDS!!!!!!!

The road is not a play ground, roads are for cars, bikes and pedestrians not for children to play! Parents need to stop being so lazy and take your kids to the park to play. I grew up playing on the street but we knew better then to kick balls into cars or houses (repeatedly) or at other people, we also ran out of the way of cars instead of expecting them to stop for us.
    Last edited by fairyflossfairy; 09-04-2012 at 17:38.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Beetle View Post
    Sorry I really disagree. Accidents happen whether children are being supervised or not. I don't approve of yelling at children for accidents. I think that's abhorrent. Intentional vandalism, sure, go for it. But a sporting accident? No way.
    They did it repeatedly not just once! It is hardly an accident when it is done again and again. She could have spoken to the parents over what she did.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by fairyflossfairy View Post
    They did it repeatedly not just once! It is hardly an accident when it is done again and again. She could have spoken to the parents over what she did.
    So why didn't she speak to the parents?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Yeah I agree, it wasnt handled that great. But in that situation you are annoyed/upset/angry and sometimes you do just lose it.
    It's just annoying for the Op, for it to be the one day when they need to have the cars on the road.
    I also think that the parents should of not stood in the front yard and yelled back at her. There was obviously a problem that needed sorting. And to be honest, I wouldnt of necessarily gone over by myself to confront a group of parents who only know "that a lady yelled at them".

Thanks
    Reviews
    If I was in the OP situation I would have but I am pretty fearless(stupid) and do not think before confronting people. She reacted inappropriately but in the moment people react in ways they later regret, if something is very valuable or important you sometimes lose your cool and while inappropriate you sometimes just do not think.
    Last edited by fairyflossfairy; 09-04-2012 at 18:13.

Thanks
    Reviews
    LOL..

lazy and neglectful parents let their kids play outside in the circle.

I am not lazy..but I am not going to run my kids to a park, everytime they get bored. They can go outside and make up a game. Thats what the outside is for.

My kids spent most of today, in the circle.

DS played rugby,
    DD rode her bike and
    Beryl played dancing...and with NO shoes...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ishtyban For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (09-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    people are just looking for reasons to bring stoopid stuff up in this thread, its not about banning kids from playing, its about the kids being disrespectful and the parents not giving a sh!t.?

The op didnt go and pick the kid up by the scruff of the neck and hurl him back over the fence, they shouted "hey watch the car!" if kids are to precious to handle that then they shouldnt be allowed out of the house, ever!! geeze what happens at school when a teacher says "no running" wah wah cry to mummy the adult growled at me.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PuppyGuts For This Useful Post:

millie91  (10-04-2012),~Marigold~  (10-04-2012)