+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberleygal1 View Post
    Exactly! Just because our children stay in their own spacious yards and play does not mean they are locked away as someone mentioned. Far from it! Our kids have a great life of fishing, camping and exploring the great outdoors where we live but when they are home they are secure in their own yard where we know what they are doing rather than left to runamok and cause havoc while the parents are god knows where doing their own thing.
    While that may be your reality, it doesn't make it everybody's. A lot of people in the city don't have 'spacious' back yards, especially not the new estate suburbs where the houses are huge and the yards are like a postage stamp. I happily let my DS play out the front. He is well supervised at all times, but it might not look like it to others.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I would send them a letter demanding the repair costs.

I'm not particularly petty or spiteful, but their cavalier response to the damage would annoy me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    In the end I think there is 2 sides to every story. When I hear it I can see where op is coming from but I think if I heard the story from the otherside I could see their point of view also.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Beetle View Post
    While that may be your reality, it doesn't make it everybody's. A lot of people in the city don't have 'spacious' back yards, especially not the new estate suburbs where the houses are huge and the yards are like a postage stamp. I happily let my DS play out the front. He is well supervised at all times, but it might not look like it to others.
    And just like you said it may be her reality . Just like your opinion is yours and your child may be supervised . Doesn't mean that all parents are as responsible . Everyone knows you only need to blink and accidents happen. Young children have no comprehention of danger. The parents from the original post should of approached things in a different mannor rather then yell from a front door. Its pretty much condoning there children's behaviour.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by millie91 View Post
    And just like you said it may be her reality . Just like your opinion is yours and your child may be supervised . Doesn't mean that all parents are as responsible . Everyone knows you only need to blink and accidents happen. Young children have no comprehention of danger. The parents from the original post should of approached things in a different mannor rather then yell from a front door. Its pretty much condoning there children's behaviour.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub
    TBH if my child dented a car and the person came out and started yelling at them, well I can't say I would be very polite back. I wouldn't think they deserved the respect. But there is not one poster on this thread who thinks that the parents aren't responsible for the damage.

Thanks
    Reviews
    IMO, OP lost the moral high ground by yelling at the kids.
    Making you even now, and plenty of bad blood with your neighbours.
    And you have to live there...............

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would never let my dd play out on the road. Cul de sac, quiet street, one way street. Doesnt matter! As kids, I played out on the street un supervised but never under the age of 10 !!
    Drivers wont drive down your road thinking "Oh must look out for kids roaming the street" There looking to get to their destination.
    Times have changed since we were kids. There are ALOT more cars on the road. ALOT more stranger danger. And ALOT less respect from adults and children!
    I expect to be able to park my car out the front of my house. Whether it is for 5 mins or 5 hours. I dont expect kids to damage my car whilst playing in the street. If the kids had been supervised then the Op wouldnt of had to of shouted at the kids. I would expect the parent/adult who was supervising to come over and apologise and offer to pay for damage. More than likely, because of that act of respect they would decline the offer and be happy that they came over.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would expect the parents to pay to fix it. If i was your neighbour I would be standing beside you defending your actions. They are disrespectful children with disrespectful parents.

I would take heaps of pics and document everything, if you want police report it and get insurance to pay if it continues to be a problem. I dare say like my family they would do it on purpose just to peeve you off and get back at you.

Considering your cars I would be careful around these types of people. I was cringing just reading it. I get nasty when people lean on my cars let alone kick balls into them my car had a dent from a footy and the boys who did it now know better to kick the footy near my car again.

The kids were asked nicely to stop and they kept doing it, but they kept doing it. It is not like the OP just attacked them.

ETA... people like this annoy me I have to slow down to 40 in a 60 zone as I have nearly run over a few kids whose parents allow them to ride skate boards down a road hill(straight into their yard) and the parents know and o not care told the last guy who nearly hit them and went in to chat to parents to mind their own Fing business.
    Last edited by fairyflossfairy; 09-04-2012 at 17:22.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessC View Post
    I expect to be able to park my car out the front of my house. Whether it is for 5 mins or 5 hours. I dont expect kids to damage my car whilst playing in the street. If the kids had been supervised then the Op wouldnt of had to of shouted at the kids. I would expect the parent/adult who was supervising to come over and apologise and offer to pay for damage. More than likely, because of that act of respect they would decline the offer and be happy that they came over.
    Sorry I really disagree. Accidents happen whether children are being supervised or not. I don't approve of yelling at children for accidents. I think that's abhorrent. Intentional vandalism, sure, go for it. But a sporting accident? No way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    AB, it was not the first time it had hit the car. She didnt rush out there and yell at them then. It was on the 3rd or 4th hit that the Op felt the need to say something! Again, If they had been supervised then after the 2nd time of hitting a car... Then a responsible adult would of said " Come on kids lets go out the back" !!