+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Synarel & Pains????

I currently sniffing synarel and injections of Gonal F and Purgeon. Due for 1st scan on thursday and looking for egg collection on wed 18th and transfer on 20th.
    But last night all night I had fairly bad pain in my right side (I am guessing around ovaries), it was bad enough to keep waking me up. It was like a sharp stabbing pain, would only last for around 20seconds then would go away, but kept coming back.
    Has anyone had this sort of pain before?
    This is our 2nd fresh cycle, I have not been on synarel before, and never had this pain.

Also with the Synarel, I really have not had any side effects, except mild headaches. I was so worried about taking it cause of all the horrible stuff I have read about it, but I really have not had anything to complain about. Is this normal, I was worried I wasn't doing it right.
    Plus I have just changed to new bottle, but there seems to be lots left in the old one. It says in leaflet that it should only last 15 days when taking 2 sniffs in morning and at night. Also when I primed both bottles it says usually takes up to 5-10 pumps for mist to come out, but both my bottles it only took 2 pumps, does this sound ok?

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    My synarel came out in a fine mist on the first pump, so I wouldnt worry about that. Did u have a bt or scan before starting injections? To check the spray was doing what it's meant to?
    The pain in the ovaries sound pretty normal. I get sharp little twinges on and off. I reckon you have some nice follies growing there.
    We are about the same stage in the cycle, Im looking at pickup around the 18th.
    Gonal F makes me really emotional and grumpy!
    Goodluck hun, try not to stress too much. Like I said, no one responds to treatment the same x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Leannemc.... glad I read your post as I've been thinking I must have been doing something wrong too. It only took me 2 pumps to prime the bottle. The first 3 times it did have a horrible aftertaste like other people have describe, but for the past five days I've been thinking I must be doing it wrong, as there's hardly any kind of aftertaste now. I've tried tilting my head forwards one time, basckwards the next, tipping the bottle to face outwards etc but it's the same. Maybe I've become de-sensitised to it?

Thanks
    Reviews

It only took me a couple of pumps to prime. And the left over is normal, my nurse said that they always allow a little extra. The pains sound like a good sign! Lots of follies growing!

Good luck with your cycle! Love to hear how you go.

Thanks
    Reviews

This may sound crazy but I couldn't stand the syneral with the after taste and it running out of my nose. So on my 3rd stim cycle I asked if I can have the injections instead. I found it less stressful and the injecting wasn't a problem for me. It was a syringe too!

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi. I just have a question as to how you are all using synarel. Are you spraying into each nostril at the same time - eg. am. Or one nostril in morning and other nostril at night.
    Thanks, Beetle

Thanks
    Reviews

I think you had to swap each time.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Beetlegeuse View Post
    Hi. I just have a question as to how you are all using synarel. Are you spraying into each nostril at the same time - eg. am. Or one nostril in morning and other nostril at night.
    Thanks, Beetle
    One in the morning, and one in the other nostril at night.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsErinR For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (31-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, that's what I'm on - one nostril in the morning and the other nostril in the evening. One nurse particularly said not to eat or drink anything for 5-10 minutes afterwards, not sure why, since other nurse said it didn't matter if you blow your nose, as the spray absorbs into your body straight away. Anyhow, I guess I'll find out on Monday how the sniffing has been going.