+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Estrogen levels/ovulation

So I've had blood tests in the last few weeks. Day 2, 9, 12, 14 (today) as part of my "assessment cycle" at the FS.

Day 2 bloods - levels at baseline.

Day 9 - levels rising. Got told to time bd that day (wednesday).

On day 12 (thursday) estrogen levels were 1190. I had a pelvic ultrasound that day and the lady saw a follicle in each ovary and said it looked like i was about to ovulate. We bd that night.

This morning (day 14) blood tests showed levels were 300. The nurse rang and said I had ovulated already (on thursday or friday) cos of the drop in levels but I didn't get a chance to ask her if we should bd today.

A bit confused. Sorry it's late at night. I just hope that we caught the egg and I don't know if the levels dropping means we should keep bd'g or if that conception window is now closed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I guess time will tell..

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I would think that bding now would probably be a bit too late for catching the egg ....but why not hop to it just for fun. In pagan circles Easter is a fertility ritual so that might bode well for you.

Sent from my HTC Desire using BubHu

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks special patrol. Feel a bit clueless - this is my first cycle with the FS. I think I'm just worrying that we didn't do it enough. They said not to BD on Friday, just the Wednesday and Thursday.

The nurse said that I'll need another blood test this Friday (week after ovulating). I don't know why. To measure hormones maybe..

Argh the 2ww begins..

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    They may want to measure your progesterone levels, to ensure it is increasing. Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks again!

Have been feeling "off" the past few days. Cramping, headaches and nausea on and off. Only 4dpo though