+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default The sound of (easter bunny) silence

Tonight, no 'mum I need a wee' or 'i dropped my dummy' - all I can hear from the bedrooms is the silence of two little girls who are trying hard to go to sleep quickly so the Easter Bunny will come

Aw its so cute the innocence of childhood They were sooooo excited going to bed, wriggling under the blankets. We have been playing Easter bunny half the day, hiding plastic monkeys under their pillows.

They will each get a bunny puppet and small chocolate in the morning, and we will do an egg hunt with some marshmallows in plastic eggs. I love this side of parenting

So do you do Easter bunny with your kids?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Gothel For This Useful Post:

MuminMind  (07-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yes! DS is only 17 months but we have been " practicing" putting things in his Easter basket ! ( I'm sure he has no idea what's happening!)
    So in the morning I will hide the eggs in a trail that leads to his new bunny hutch with Baby Bruce Bunny inside!!! ( we got him a chocolate brown mini plush lop bunny!!!- I'm more excited than he will be im sure!!)
    I'm in the process of typing up an adoption letter to Elijah from the Easter Bunny ( I know he can't read but I still think its cute!!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The kids went to their dads Friday, so I have been preparing crafts to do tomorrow morning wtih them while my DP goes out and hides the eggs in the garden. Then we are all going for a bbq at the park with family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oh wow Elijah's Mum that's a nice surprise! Love the egg trail idea, that's so cute

I'm far too tight to do that, I'm making some of these so the girls can have something to collect their easter eggs in, i'm gonna shred some coloured paper to fill them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I suck!!
    Thought he was coming 2moro night!!!!!!!!!!!! so no hype up at all
    We went to Bunnings today and "easter bunny' was there and my kids freaked out!!!!
    My 6yo just woke up for a drink,and when I told him easter bunny was coming today,he started crying!! Had to google cute baby bunnies to show him LOL

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cleigh nice that you have them with you for the day

Chels, that's funny you got the wrong night lol! DD1 is like that about Santa, she goes rigid with fear over him

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I feel terrible but my pair have been playing up all day and I've been bribing with the Easter Bunny... "If you don't stop your behavior right now Easter Bunny won't come!"
    Horrible I know, worked though lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DS is more aware this Easter about the Easter bunny as he is 22 months but my DD is only 6 months so she really has no idea. Im hoping next year we will be able to do an egg hunt with at least DS. Still excited to see their faces in the morning.

somewhere between a rock and a hard place
    Thanks
    Reviews
    It makes me wonder if the tradition of Easter bunny, Santa and the tooth fairy was actually brought about by sleep deprived parents, guaranteeing at least 2 stress free, sleep through nights??? Hmmm, next year DS will be so much more aware, and so much easier to bribe

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mum2b09 View Post
    I feel terrible but my pair have been playing up all day and I've been bribing with the Easter Bunny... "If you don't stop your behavior right now Easter Bunny won't come!"
    Horrible I know, worked though lol
    Have also done the same with DD1! Her behaviour and tantrums the last couple of days has been extreme!!! :-/