+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Question Centrelink bonus payments? Is this true?

Sorry if this has been asked already. I was told few days ago by a friend that those on benefits will be getting extra bonus supplements end of April (something to do with the carbon tax I think?) Was told it was $250 per adult, $100 per child and an extra $80 per family

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I was told when i spoke to centrelink a few days ago that it was $90 or there abouts per child and $69 per family. I will have a look abd see where i found the info when i asked them about it as found out while on hold

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Myztiks#1Fan For This Useful Post:

Hokey Pokey  (07-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Myztiks#1Fan View Post
    I was told when i spoke to centrelink a few days ago that it was $90 or there abouts per child and $69 per family. I will have a look abd see where i found the info when i asked them about it as found out while on hold

Oh right so there is some kind of supplement coming then?

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hokey Pokey View Post
    Sorry if this has been asked already. I was told few days ago by a friend that those on benefits will be getting extra bonus supplements end of April (something to do with the carbon tax I think?) Was told it was $250 per adult, $100 per child and an extra $80 per family
    I have heard this and read it can't find the link atm
    But it was around the amounts you said

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bunkx For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bunkx View Post
    I have heard this and read it can't find the link atm
    But it was around the amounts you said
    How great it would be for us right now, means I could pay my car rego without needing to get an advance payment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh right so there is some kind of supplement coming then?
    Yeap. Will be paid end of may i believe. I cant find the info on my phone from where i searched though. It will be paid automatically so no need to apply.

Give them a call first thing tuesday if you can and they will give you all the info you need.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Myztiks#1Fan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Myztiks#1Fan View Post
    Yeap. Will be paid end of may i believe. I cant find the info on my phone from where i searched though. It will be paid automatically so no need to apply.

Give them a call first thing tuesday if you can and they will give you all the info you need.

I don't get a chance to call because of work but not to worry thanks for the help. End of May perfect timing as my rego is due then and I have been stressing about this. Joys of living on one wage atm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I haven't heard anything about it but sounds good if it's happening.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to HarvestMoon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just found this!
    Assistance for families

Families receiving Family Tax Benefit Part A will receive an increase in their payment equivalent to 1.7 per cent of the annual rate of payment. This is worth up to $110 per child per year.
    All families receiving Family Tax Benefit Part B will get an increase to their payment equivalent to 1.7 per cent of the maximum rate. This is worth up to $69 per family per year.
    This assistance will first be delivered through a one-off, tax exempt, lump sum Clean Energy Advance from May-June 2012.
    After this increases will be delivered as a separate Clean Energy Supplement which will be paid as part of families’ regular payment cycles.
    People in low-income family households who do not receive sufficient assistance as an increase to their payment or through the tax system will also be able to claim a new Low Income Supplement of $300. The supplement will be claimed through Centrelink.
    Further assistance will be made available to middle-income family households with one primary earner to account for the fact they will only benefit from one earner’s tax cuts. These families will receive assistance as an increase to their payment through the Single Income Family Supplement of $300. Families not receiving Family Tax Benefit will be able to claim the supplement through Centrelink.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hokey Pokey For This Useful Post:

HarvestMoon  (07-04-2012),Mezmerised  (07-04-2012),twotrunks  (07-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just found this!
    Assistance for families

Families receiving Family Tax Benefit Part A will receive an increase in their payment equivalent to 1.7 per cent of the annual rate of payment. This is worth up to $110 per child per year.
    All families receiving Family Tax Benefit Part B will get an increase to their payment equivalent to 1.7 per cent of the maximum rate. This is worth up to $69 per family per year.
    This assistance will first be delivered through a one-off, tax exempt, lump sum Clean Energy Advance from May-June 2012.
    After this increases will be delivered as a separate Clean Energy Supplement which will be paid as part of families’ regular payment cycles.
    People in low-income family households who do not receive sufficient assistance as an increase to their payment or through the tax system will also be able to claim a new Low Income Supplement of $300. The supplement will be claimed through Centrelink.
    Further assistance will be made available to middle-income family households with one primary earner to account for the fact they will only benefit from one earner’s tax cuts. These families will receive assistance as an increase to their payment through the Single Income Family Supplement of $300. Families not receiving Family Tax Benefit will be able to claim the supplement through Centrelink.
    Thats the info i was trying to find

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Myztiks#1Fan For This Useful Post: