+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Optislim or Optifast???

Just wondering if anyone has used either of these diet shakes with success? Wanting to start some after Easter, but really not sure which brand to use. If not these, do you have another brand you can recommend, please? Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Im using Fatblaster shakes from Woolworths at the moment. I find them good..The first week I lost 2.1kgs and Im weighing in tomorrow but think Ive lost another kilo or so this week. I havent used either of the ones you have mentioned but Ive used Rapid Loss shakes, Celebrity slim shakes, Slimright (disgusting!) and I think the best one flavour wise is Rapid Loss. Fatblaster is good price wise. Only $18 from woolies so thats why Im using that one and Im happy with the weightloss so far!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have used both over the years. I am not really a fan of optifast find them a bit watery and they are not cheap either. I like the biggest looser ones and also have been buying the Aldi brand ones they are cheap and taste really nice and do fill you up. I will be getting more after Easter too

Thanks
    Reviews
    My father had gastric band surgery but needed to lose weight quickly before his surgery. His doctor and surgeon both recommended optifast and he lost weight quickly using this. I tried it myself and liked it. I only drank with milk though, can't do the water ...blergh!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Waitingfornumber2 View Post
    My father had gastric band surgery but needed to lose weight quickly before his surgery. His doctor and surgeon both recommended optifast and he lost weight quickly using this. I tried it myself and liked it. I only drank with milk though, can't do the water ...blergh!
    I was going to ask if making it with skim milk twice a day would make a huge difference in weight loss as opposed to making it with water. I'd rather use milk too. Planning on using it for breakfast and lunch and then we use the Lite n Easy dinners. I need to lose about 15kgs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Optifast is the most nutritionally complete VLCD hence why nearly all WLS surgeons have their clients do two weeks on it prior to surgery to shrink fatty livers.

I did it for two weeks before I got my lap band and lost 7.6kgs on it in two weeks.

I hated though. It tastes foul! I could only stomach the vanilla shakes and the bars. The soups and other shakes made me vomit

Other shakes have a much nicer taste - Tony Ferguson and Biggest Loser etc taste much better!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Von Zipper For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (07-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've done both and only used water. Optislim was cheaper and I lost more weight using them, you can pick them up from Chemist Warehouses 2 boxes for $55, I recommend Strawberry flavour!
    I also really liked Biggest Loser ones but again Optislim worked best.

If you can get through the first week you'll be fine on them!

Thanks
    Reviews
    You will lose more weight with water but I used milk because I couldn't stomache it otherwise! I wasn't hardcore though, only replaced breakfast and was a better replacement for up and go!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree some taste terrible with water..The Fat Blaster ones Im on now you use Skim milk with and they taste fine. The Tony Ferguson ones are okay as well but I didnt lose much weight on them. Ive lost 3.5kgs so far on the Fat Blaster ones.

I guess it depends how much you wanna spend and what not on them all..I dont think using skim milk instead of water will change the weightloss that much

missybubble is offline I'm a strange one, but I'm good at it :)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I liked the Celebrity Slim and Biggest Loser ones the best, problem is they are both really expensive.