Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Elective c-section for first child (public)

With your first baby they won't let you have a c section unless you have a condition. I need to have c sections because I have a double uterus otherwise I would have a virginal birth. With your second baby you might have a chance to have a c section but not with your first.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by glitter girl View Post
    With your first baby they won't let you have a c section unless you have a condition. I need to have c sections because I have a double uterus otherwise I would have a virginal birth. With your second baby you might have a chance to have a c section but not with your first.
    I had a c-section for my first child with no medical condition/reason, in a public hospital. So it does and has happened.

Bulbasaur is offline Life is to short to live without icecream
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Elective c-section for first child (public)

Quote Originally Posted by glitter girl View Post
    This isn't true. If you go about it the right Way there is a huge chance you can.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Elective c-section for first child (public)

Pusher, That video is of one woman who wanted a natural birth.
    The OP doesn't want that!! Women are not 'one size fits all' we all are different and I don't care if you don't understand why some want elective, it doesn't really concern your life so get over it.

I wanted a c-section in a Brisbane public hospital.
    Was flat out told no buy all that I seen, however I never seen the head OB.
    And looking back I did not try hard enough.. Instead I just cried and went home in a frenzy because someone said no.

Looking back on it now, knowing what I do now, I can guarantee you I would have gotten my elective c-section.

The biggest thing for me when wanting an elective c-section was sexual assault/rape from when I was younger.
    Any pain or the thought of pain in my vaginal area gives me extreme anxiety.
    But I never told any one at the hospital about that as its something I would never ever talk about.

Either way I ended up having an emergency c-section after 43 hours of hard labour and contractions every 3mins from the beginning (so Pusher it was a bit more than a few hours! More like a few days)
    Then I pushed for 2 hours, all of a sudden beepers were going off and alarms.
    I had at least 10 different people around me and then I passed out.
    My dd's heart rate dropped and never picked up and I had a blood clots, which caused me to pass out.
    I was not awake for my daughters birth and after I got out of ICU I was then able to see my daughter.
    So you could imagine how upset I was with myself for a very long time that I did not push hard enough for my elective c-section.

So after all that I did suffer PND which I believe was from trying the natural birth (which I was talked into doing) and it bring back memories from when I was younger.
    I still remember my labour and having all different people prod, poke, looking etc at my vagina and I would feel so violated the entire time.
    I would tense right up and would have them saying 'you need to relax, your making it had for us to check your cervix" etc etc. and that was hard.

I would never even consider a VBAC.
    Well I can't anyway as my c-section was a classical incision.
    I have received counseling from my past and labour and even now that I have accepted it all and moved on with life, I would never go through another labour in my life.

My c-section recovery was easy.
    I had a laparoscopy done 3 months ago and that knocked me around more than the c-section.

Don't listen to people's scare tactics.
    Your body, your baby, your birth, your decision.
    It doesn't even matter why you want a c-section, if you want one then you fight to get one!
    I really do not understand why women can't have more say in their birth when it comes to C-secton.

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Liddybugs For This Useful Post:

bluerhapsody  (29-01-2013),FirstTimeMummy2012  (02-11-2012),Miss Magnum  (05-05-2013),Purple Lily  (28-10-2012),Waggers70  (01-11-2012)