+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 2 Year old day naps- help

I took my DS dummy off him during the day when he turned one, he only had it for sleeps. Anyway a few weeks before he turned 2 he kept biting holes in them so i took them away completley because i was sick of buying new ones every 2 weeks. He sleeps fine of a night time but he refuses to go to sleep during the day, the only way he will sleep is if i stay in the room with him and rub his head/back until he falls asleep and then sneak out (which is quite hard with squeeky floor boards!) if he hears me sneaking away he wakes and crys so i have to start again. Its starting to get to me and i get cranky at him if he doesnt go to sleep within 20 minutes of me standing there. So any ideas on how i can get him to go back to how he was- going to sleep by himself and staying asleep for a few hours during the day? Tia

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    my dd is too scared to miss out, and needs more help in the day to sleep.
    currently I boob her in our bed and have a nap myself

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I put DS is bed and leave him till he falls asleep. Sometimes it takes 5 minutes, sometimes an hour. He plays on his bed till finally giving in and goes to sleep.

He doesn't cry though. Not sure what I'd do if he did...! I generally try to time his nap to be after lunch so he is full and sleepy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Von Zipper View Post
    I put DS is bed and leave him till he falls asleep. Sometimes it takes 5 minutes, sometimes an hour. He plays on his bed till finally giving in and goes to sleep.

He doesn't cry though. Not sure what I'd do if he did...! I generally try to time his nap to be after lunch so he is full and sleepy.
    You're so lucky. DS (2) just keeps getting out of his bed telling me he's not tired. I'd love an afternoon nap considering that I am 9 months pregnant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have tried just leaving him and hoping he just wears himself out .. he didnt, after 3 hours of leaving him in there and just occasionally going in and telling him it was time to sleep and putting him back to bed i finally gave in and let him out. I have let him go without the nap during the day to see if he needed it or not and by the afternoon he turns into a whingy cranky overtired little monster that doesnt leave my side. He use to be so easy to put to bed, just talked to himself for a few minutes until he fell asleep... i miss my afternoon break ! lol

lupa is offline I love that I am apart of this club called motherhood
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I would keep leaving him in his cot at the same time every day. This is new for him to sleep without his dummy cue but he still needs to know that its time for a sleep. 2 is a good age because you can talk to them. A couple of days of him sitting in his cot at the same time every day he should get the idea. That's what I would do.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Same thing happened here when we took DD dummy. Only way I can get her to sleep during the day is rock her which I refuse to do cos she is too heavy! I have just given up now and put her to bed earlier at night. She sleeps between 11 and 13 hours overnight so seems that's enough for her now. I miss her afternoon nap though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Does he have a cluddy toy to sleep with? Or perhaps you could get one and say it's because he is a big boy and no longer needs his dummy. Otherwise I would just keep being persistent each day, and he should get the idea.