+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I had one at 40+5, it dislodged the plug and contractions started the next day. Prior to that had no Braxton hicks and didn't think labour was imminent at all!

It was similar to the discomfort felt during a pap smear, perhaps slightly more uncomfortable but very bearable.

Sent from my LT15i

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    With DD3 I had one at 37 + 4 at 1130 am on a Tues. I was already 3cms dilated. It was a bit more uncomfy than a pap. I had what I thought were firm braxton hicks from then until transitioning to labour at 1am Wed. DD3 born at 529am. I didn't lose my plug or spot.
    Don't know if she would have come anyway or if the S&S moved things along.
    I'll probably ask for one in this pregnancy too if it's not offered.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had one at 40 weeks. I was 1cm dilated. It wasn't painful but I was a bit sore and tender for a few days afterwards. It didn't work so I had another at 41 weeks at 2pm, i was 2 cms dilated and contractions started 3 hours later. I had her the next day at 1.30pm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    It won't do a lot unless your cervix is ready to go anyway but it won't hurt at all to try it. I would try some evening primrose capsules inserted vaginally it will help ripen the cervix ready for the S&S

good luck x