+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Toddler shoes

Goodmorning all

We are off this arvo to buy DD some new shoes as she has almost outgrown her first pair - which are clarks.

As they grow so quickly was wondering if anyone can recommend any cheaper brands they found good or particular store (target etc)

I dont want to buy cheaper ones if they are no good for her feet or just going to fall apart but cant really justify spending alot either if i can help it as she she just wears them in and then they are too small, seems like a waste to me.

Any advice welcome, thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    big w and kmart have good shoes that dont cost soo much

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    They have good ones at Payless (or maybe it's spendless?). I can't remember which. One of them has a crappy range, the other has quite good shoes for toddlers which are reasonably priced.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have been unimpressed with the quality of Target shoes and would not bother, especially as they are not that cheap really. K'mart shoes all seem to be quite cheaply made but are great for gumboots and slippers (got a pair of each for $5).

BigW are better I think as you can get Grosbsy leather shoes, Slazenger sneakers etc which are of a good quality and reasonably priced.

For DS I still buy a proper kids shoe (from the children's shoe store) for every day and just buy the cheaper sneakers from BigW and slippers and gumboots from K'Mart.

Last winter I got a great pair of AirFlex boots from Betts Kids for $40 that lasted all winter but the summer leather sandals I bought from there were not that great so I went to the other kids store and just sucked it up and bought a proper pair of leather boots with proper arch support for DS this winter ($79).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Payless have similar to the air flex shoes. I went to betts and was not overly impressed as DD has very wide feet and despite measuring her foot the tried to squash her foot into several pairs that were too narrow.

David Jobes have good sales on kids shoes ATM. As do Myer but of course they don't have all the sizes.

Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I go to Betts Kids for DS's shoes, and try to buy on sale if possible. Shoes are one of the things I would honestly rather spend a bit more money on for quality.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ShanandBoc View Post
    Goodmorning all

We are off this arvo to buy DD some new shoes as she has almost outgrown her first pair - which are clarks.

As they grow so quickly was wondering if anyone can recommend any cheaper brands they found good or particular store (target etc)

I dont want to buy cheaper ones if they are no good for her feet or just going to fall apart but cant really justify spending alot either if i can help it as she she just wears them in and then they are too small, seems like a waste to me.

Any advice welcome, thanks
    I'm gonna play devils advocate here...
    You mentioned that it seems like a waste...
    Do you mean a waste of money?

My daughter has flat feet and as such we buy her clarks shoes at $70-90 a pair, she goes through 2 or 3 pairs a season ( fast growing feet). Would I put her in cheapies? No way! I prefer to pay to have her fitted by professionals and have good quality shoes that are good for her feet.
    The shoes she wears now will impact on how her feet are for the rest of her life. My parents were in the same position with me when I was little and did the same thing and for that, I can't thank them enough.

If you mean it's a waste of a shoe-there's always the salvo's or other similar places or even family and friends who may use them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Endless.com have a great range of kids shoes ( US store but deliver here in 3 days!) they have literally hundreds of brands , or Osh Kosh have good shoes ( I just bought DS red sneakers for $8 on sale at the Bondi store!)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

PinkPink  (07-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    i quite like the target brand shoes, am also a fan of pumpkin patch they often have nice shoes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Podiatrist here to chip in her 2cents. Shoes need to be flexible until age 5-7 (depends on the individual child's foot development) unless the child has pain and a more supportive shoe is indicated.

Children are flat footed from 0 to at least 5yrs while their foot is developing. From approx 5-7years their foot takes on the adult appearance and then wear more supportive and rigid shoes.

In answer to the question- the flexible cheapies are prob best until 5years at least unless their is pain.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nomes83 For This Useful Post:

crunchie  (07-04-2012),Mopoke  (07-04-2012),ShanandBoc  (07-04-2012),squirrelex  (07-04-2012),Witwicky  (07-04-2012)