+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Question Am i on the right track with this? needing help asap

Hi everyone,

Im just wanting to know if i am on the right track with this study. Its a project i am doing and not completely sure if i am on the right track. Just when i have gotten up to it. It has to be a 4 day long weekend.

The questions are as follows

do a detailed report describing the legal and ethical responsibilities of community service organisations and their staff also to be included in the report

-Explain why documentated policies,procedures,and protocols are necessary? I have done this one and have a feeling that i have done it right.

-List the legislation and regulations and ethical conditions that apply to community service operations
    So far i can only think of the children's services act of 1996, Children's services regulations of 2009 and OH&S. Im not sure what ethical conditions i should be stating.

-Describe the system that might be put in place to ensure legal rights of clients are upheld
    and to make certian cultural, linguistic and religious diversity are responded to appropriately
    I have found a snippit on the goverment website but not sure what else i should be adding.

-Explain the actions that should be taken if clients rights are not properly upheld
    I so far this written down but not sure if i should be adding anything else. If the client's rights are not properly upheld , you have the right to make sure that they are met , with supervising the client and the other person(s) to make sure the client is getting the correct treatments or care. If these cant be meet then you need to go to a supervisor and / 0r director and explain that the clients rights have not be upheld as they have the ability to go to someone higher and/ or resolve the problem with the clients rights haven’t been upheld.

Should i be adding any more to some of these and where should i be able to get the information i need to answer the other questions i am having trouble with thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've done this unit however with an average result so do not want to insufficiently advise you on answers

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by strawberry apple cheesecake View Post
    Hi everyone,

Im just wanting to know if i am on the right track with this study. Its a project i am doing and not completely sure if i am on the right track. Just when i have gotten up to it. It has to be a 4 day long weekend.

The questions are as follows

do a detailed report describing the legal and ethical responsibilities of community service organisations and their staff also to be included in the report

-Explain why documentated policies,procedures,and protocols are necessary? I have done this one and have a feeling that i have done it right.

-List the legislation and regulations and ethical conditions that apply to community service operations
    So far i can only think of the children's services act of 1996, Children's services regulations of 2009 and OH&S. Im not sure what ethical conditions i should be stating.

-Describe the system that might be put in place to ensure legal rights of clients are upheld
    and to make certian cultural, linguistic and religious diversity are responded to appropriately
    I have found a snippit on the goverment website but not sure what else i should be adding.

-Explain the actions that should be taken if clients rights are not properly upheld
    I so far this written down but not sure if i should be adding anything else. If the client's rights are not properly upheld , you have the right to make sure that they are met , with supervising the client and the other person(s) to make sure the client is getting the correct treatments or care. If these cant be meet then you need to go to a supervisor and / 0r director and explain that the clients rights have not be upheld as they have the ability to go to someone higher and/ or resolve the problem with the clients rights haven’t been upheld.

Should i be adding any more to some of these and where should i be able to get the information i need to answer the other questions i am having trouble with thanks
    Sorry to quote but didn't want to forget bits!

Ethical considerations- gov workers in each state usually have a public sector 'code of conduct', for example in Sa the key elements are integrity, respect and truth and them the document outlines how we demonstrate this in the workplace and what happens if we don't. Also different health professions have their additional code of conduct that is quite detailed. May be the same for some community services?

Clients should have access to a consumer ombudsman, in Sa we use the hacc (it's a consumer complaints commission that is independent) and also an internal agency complaints process. Clients should have access to interpreters and pamphlets translated into their language, and there should be a policy regarding this.

Sorry this is short, on my phone on way to a wedding

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts