+ Reply to Thread

Default Hungry baby...

Morning all!

I am just wondering if anyone on here has tried novolac sweet dreams for hungry babies? My little man is 15 weeks next week and he is still feeding every 2 hours. He had been doing 5-6 hour stretches at night, but for the last 3-4 weeks he has been waking every 2-3 hours for a feed. During the day he wont last 3 hours before he is feeding again. He was breastfed up until 6-7 weeks, then switched to formula as my milk was not satisfying him + i got a very mastitis.
    I would love to hear anyones experience with this novolac for hungry babies as i am pulling my hair out with the very frequent feeding!

Thankyou in advance. x

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I haven't tried Novolac, but I have to say that he's around about the growth spurt age if he's 15 weeks old. Quite often bubs will wake up needing feeds more often, and there's really no need to change the formula to accommodate.
    I'd recommend just feeding him as he needs with his current formula. It means a few sleepless nights, but you'll find that once the growth spurt is over and he's back to normal, he'll start sleeping again .

I know how precious sleep is when bubs are that age, but if you change his formula you risk upsetting his tummy for the sake of a bit more sleep at night which may mess up his sleeping patterns anyway.

I know it's hard, but growth spurts usually don't last too long and hopefully once it's over you'll be able to get some more sleep. I seem to remember my DS was still waking up every 2 hours for feeds at about the same age, he started settling into 4 hour sleeps not long after.
    Another option is to try to increase the amount that he's drinking at a time, I vaguely remember that 3-4 months is the age that they recommend upping the amount you feed them by 30-60ml? Check with your bub's doctor, but it could just be that if you haven't increased the size of his feeds yet, that may be a part of the problem .