+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default DD won't finish bottle!!

my dd is almost 3 weeks old and I have terrible trouble getting her to finish her 100ml bottle she drink between 50-70mls then falls asleep or just stops and refuses anymore wouldnt be a problem but then she wakes after an hour screaming hungry for more. if she just finished the 100mls it wouldn't be a problem.

then there are sometimes when I have to wake her during the day other wise she won't feed at all for like 7hr

I am getting so frustrated it is new territory for me my son used to wake every 4 hrs drink his whole bottle then sleep DD does not!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Every baby is different! Remember they only have small tummies she may not be able to fit 100ml in. At 3 weeks old it's more of a demand feeding, if she's hungry, feed her. Maybe just try giving 50ml so your not wasting milk

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The table on the formular tin is a GUIDE ONLY. yes the average bub will drink 100ml (or whatever it says) at 3 weeks but some bubs want less and some bubs want more. Make up a 60ml bottle and give that to her. At that age she'll only feed what she wants, like breastfeeding, they stop when they're full.

RELAX honey, if shes gaining weight, sleeping, pooping and a generally happy bub SHES FINE!!!
    Your doing a great job, just remember shes only 3 weeks old, your both still getting to know each other.