+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Help me feel better...please!!

DDs having a sleep over at my Mums tonight.

She has begged and pleaded all day till I finally said okay. Now I feel sick! I have butterflies and just want to say no!!

My Mum is amazing and parents the same way as me and DH. Mum and my Dad love her to bits. I know she will be happy and safe.....

But what about me I already miss her and I haven't left yet! She has NEVER wanted to stay away from me before, but now she is so excited about her sleep over

Help with some amazing words of encouragement please!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hugs waterlilly, I know how you feel kind of!

DD went to FDC last week and clapped as we arrived at her house, ran into her arms and waved me off, then when I went to pick her up she cried saying bye to carer! Love that she loves it there but she is 20 mths! What about me!!

See it as yet another milestone, DD is getting bigger and more independent! It's not like she would want to live at grandmas house!!! Untill she is older at least!

Try and pamper yourself and enjoy the time in the knowledge that she is safe and happy!

Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Can you spend a special night with your partner? Go see a movie or something you couldn't ordinarily do.

My partner took my son to his parents for 2 nights when he was about 28 months and it was really weird at night without him as he sleeps in my bed and I hadn't ever been away from him at night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by crunchie View Post
    Hugs waterlilly, I know how you feel kind of!

DD went to FDC last week and clapped as we arrived at her house, ran into her arms and waved me off, then when I went to pick her up she cried saying bye to carer! Love that she loves it there but she is 20 mths! What about me!!

See it as yet another milestone, DD is getting bigger and more independent! It's not like she would want to live at grandmas house!!! Untill she is older at least!

Try and pamper yourself and enjoy the time in the knowledge that she is safe and happy!

Xx
    Thanks hun! I think I might have a couple of wines to calm the nerves!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MsMummy View Post
    Can you spend a special night with your partner? Go see a movie or something you couldn't ordinarily do.

My partner took my son to his parents for 2 nights when he was about 28 months and it was really weird at night without him as he sleeps in my bed and I hadn't ever been away from him at night.
    SIL is having a game night and DH is bugging me to go, so might go there and try and have some fun.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Absolutely go and have some fun yourself. I think its fantastic that your DD wants to sleep over at her grandparents. I know its hard and you miss her, but think of it as though she is having some quality time with her grandparents. Your folks can enjoy her, and she will most certainly enjoy all the attention and love she will get.
    She will be back home with you before you know it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks hun! It is good that she is happy to stay with them. I think I will go out, looking forward to having a few wines and playing pictionary lol.
    I cant usually drink because of co-sleeping.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I fricken looooove pictionary.., even better after some wines!! I'm jealous now!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD1 is going for her first ever sleep over on Sunday night!! I'm looking forward to it, but I know come Sunday I am going to be much the same as you, and you will probably be talking me through it, lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    How did you go?

Coops going away on monday morning right through til saturday morning. I am gonna miss him but also love the peace my house will have. Normally he wouldnt be away that long but i am working afternoon shift so he is going to my nanas house. He has slept there only once by himself so it will be interesting to see how he goes for a few nights without me there.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub