+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you

Default I think I'm going to regret asking this but...

tell me about the sleeping and feeding patterns of your 15/16 month old.

DD is usually awake around 5:30/6:00 most mornings, she has 1 day sleep that lasts from 30 mins to an hour. Very occassionally she will have a longer sleep but that is RARE (ie once every 6 weeks or so). She will go to sleep at night around 7/8pm. She still wakes frequently during the night, often in 2 hourly intervals for a feed. (We co-sleep 'cos I aint getting out of bed to keep feeding her Unfortunately this means DF sleeps on a blow up mattress on the living room floor).

I would estimate DD would still have around 10 breastfeeds during the day. If we go out she will have less but if we are at home then it's feeding time. She is very clingy at home but when she goes to childcare she waves me goodbye, no issues at all.

So tell me about your 15/16 month old.

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    from 12-18 months:
    8-830 up and porridge
    10-12ish activities (swimming playgroup etc) morning tea and lunch while out
    1ish boob and nap
    3ish afternnoon tea
    pick up dh
    4ish shops or home/park and daddy time while I cook dinner
    6-7ish dinner then bath massage pjs teeth
    reading, tv (30mins of playschool or night garden)
    9ish boob on the couch until asleep
    10/11 us to bed
    3ish boob
    we nightweaned at 18months as she had been feeding hourly when ill, and didn't stop once better!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DD is 16 months. She goes to bed at 7pm in her cot. She's always been a pretty good sleeper - she self settles but not because of anything I've done! Most nights she sleeps through to 6am. Sometimes she'll wake at about 3 or 4am and I'll go pop her dummy in (she only has a dummy in her cot). She usually has one nap a day at 11am - for about 2 hours.

She doesn't breastfeed anymore (she stopped at about 11 months) so she has a bottle of cow's milk after breakfast (210ml) and one before bed (210ml).

From speaking to the mums at playgroup it's clear that the babies are all completely different and there is no "normal" routine!

Thanks
    Reviews
    At 16 months Ds went to bed around 10pm - midnight, woke 4 - 10 times per night and our day mostly started between 7-8 am,
    No day sleep unless he was at daycare.

He ate very little, living on Vegemite sandwich and breast milk.

Day time he nursed 2-3 times per day and almost continuously over night, waking when removed from the breast.

He is a bad sleeper and fussy eater though

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS is 15 months now and goes to bed at around 7pm, nap at around 9am for an hour or so, BIG nap at about 12-1pm for at least 2 hours, sometimes up to 3, sleeps the whole night, very occasionally waking (usually when hes sick), wakes usually between and wakes between 7 and 7.30am.

Sorry to brag i know im lucky but in all honesty, it sounds like your bub needs MORE sleep. For my kids sleep=sleep. As in, the more they sleep during the day the better they sleep at night.

Id try and up the food shes having and spacing out the breast feed during the day. Of course is bfing her gets her back to sleep during the night, by all mean DO IT . If if you wantt o try and break the habbit of night waking id be trying to get her to eat more during the day (and more bfs during the day) so she got a full belly for the night.

Have you tried a dream feed?? Just google 'dream feed'.
    Id also be trying to have her in her cot (unless you want to co-sleep of course). Could you maybe set up a mattress on the flood of her room (next to her cot). So when she wakes you can put her back in her cot and sleep NEXT to her. Just to make the transition easier on everyone??

Sorry i hope i dont sound like a Know-all!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    my 15mth's day looks like this mostly
    7am wake up and bottle
    730 breakfast and dresses
    8 20 take the big kids to school and then run errands, playgroup, swimming lesson etc
    10 30 lunch / late morning tea
    11 bottle and bed can sleep anywhere from 2 to 4 hrs
    3pm up and get kids from school or make big kids afternoon tea if dh picks them up on his way home.
    5pm dinner
    5:30 bath and pj's and 30 min tv
    bed can be anywhere from 6pm to 8 30 depending on day sleep , big kids go to bed at 630 and 7 so she will crawl around play with her blocks and watch tellie tubbies or ITNG and snuggles then has a bottle at bed time

wakes 2 or 3 times a night for a drink of water, dummy blanket sort out etc.
    some nights we will sleep right thorugh which is fantastic

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Dd is 14 months

6am up/boob
    630 breaky.
    830 snack
    between 1030 - 12 boob and nap about 2 hours
    Lunch
    3 snack
    5 dinner
    6-630 bed
    Boob at about 11 or 1

**Mum, Dad, Big boy (Dec 08) and Baby girl (Feb 11)**

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS is nearly 15 months. His sleep patterns have improved amazingly since we cut tomatoes out from his diet. He wakes between 5-6am, goes to bed around 7.30. He sleeps through a lot of the time (he has been night weaned) and he naps for 1.5-3 hours during the day - he has one nap around 11 or 12.

Thanks
    Reviews
    at that age DD was alternating between 1 sleep a day and 2.

up 5.30/6am latest - I would wake her as I like to get stuff done in the morning with her before her nap.
    morning sleep (every second day or a quick one in the car) ~30-45min @ 9am
    afternoon sleep ~12pm for 2-3.5hrs (longer if no morning sleep)
    bed 7.30-8.30pm.

We had nightweaned at this stage. But was feeding twice overnight at 11pm and 4am till 14mths.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our DD is 15 and a half months. She goes to bed at 7.30 - 8 and wakes at 8-8.30, although that's shifted by an hour with daylight savings. She cuddles to sleep with her dad at night and then when she wakes at night she insists on cuddling with me to get back to sleep. She co-sleeps (cos we all love it). We night-weaned nearly a month ago, but she still wakes around twice a night for cuddles. In the morning we feed in bed for around 40 mins.
    She has one day nap around noon for about 2 hours on average, but can be anywhere from 1-3 hours. She feeds to sleep and I lie with her for the whole nap because it means that she sleeps longer and I enjoy the downtime to read or faff on the Ipad.
    She feeds on demand, so the number of feeds varies enormously depending on what we're doing, but is often 10 or more feeds. She also eats HEAPS!
    I definitely find that sleep begets sleep and on the days that she sleeps 13 hours at night she'll often have a 3 hour day sleep. If she gets less than 14 hours in 24 hours she tends to be more grumpy and clingy.
    I also find she sleeps heaps more when we get outside and active in the morning.