+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Strider Plus 4 wheeler Steelcraft??

Hi

Has anyone had a Steelcraft Strider Plus? I've been searching for prams and I like this one ( 4 Wheeler ).

If you've got one or had one, can you please let me know your thoughts/opinions

Thanks

Ps I hope I have put this in the right section
    Last edited by Beck87; 06-04-2012 at 16:52.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm about to purchase a pram n loved the strider but it's 17kg that's so heavy most other ones I like are 7-8kg! Also the strider is really wide I was told u will struggle in some shops

But that's just my thoughts :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the reply All Smiles I find it such a hard decision (Prams) so many out there...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've been using my sisters.

Cons: wide, heavy.

Pros: holds a lot of stuff underneath which makes shopping easier. Good for 2 bubs. Seats tilt back which makes it easier for feeding and sleeping. Good sun protection.

Other prams you might want to consider is a baby jogger mini. I wish I had bought one of those.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We bought the strider for our dd if 2010. We sold it to a friend after two weeks! I hated it !!

I bought it without df being with me and because I had heard they were great pram's etc and he was happy if was lol !!

The only good thing about it is the price. And that it comes with a lot of accessories. Oh and the basket is huge!

I hated how heavy it was. I had a natural birth and if I'd had a c section it would of killed me. Even my df who is very tall and solid hated getting it out the car.
    He also refused to push it because he would kick the second seat. (We looked after a friends son on a Saturday arvo and would often take them out for the day)
    It is crazy wide !! I would get stuck in the aisles at woolies and have to go through certain till's even if the queue was longer!

We wish we had bought the baby jogger city select straight up. And will be buying it soon for when no.2 arrives. It's quite expensive but has great reviews!

Are you planning on kids close together?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    I have the Strider Plus but the 3 wheel version.

I don't find it too heavy if I detach the seat before folding (and it fits better in the car this way too.

I have only come across a few places where the wideness has been a slight problem but it was no big deal.

The basket underneath is huge and stores a lot which is handy.

It steers well. Smooth ride for bub and not too bumpy.

Good shade cover plus comes with a sun cover and rain cover.

You can get a capsule that attaches which I have found so handy while bub is little so I don't have to wake him getting in and out of car.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i have it love it. i don't find it heavy at all even after having a cs.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have one and I find it no heavier or wider than my old Valco Trimode.

I really like it. I was tossing up between the BJCS and the Strider and in the end what sold me was the price, the fact that you didn't have to buy a whole heap of adapters for the different attachments, and it came with all the accessories (sun cover, rain cover, seat inserts etc).

The only thing I don't like about it is the plastic wheels, because we live somewhere with rocky/sandy terrain.

ETA it also takes up less room in the boot than the Valco did.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by All smiles View Post
    I'm about to purchase a pram n loved the strider but it's 17kg that's so heavy most other ones I like are 7-8kg! Also the strider is really wide I was told u will struggle in some shops

But that's just my thoughts :-)
    It's actually 13.4kgs (4 wheeler with seat attached) and the BJCS is 12kgs (4 wheeler with seat attached), so it's not that different to comparable prams.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have one I found it fantastic for walking really light and easy to steer, it is a little wide but no wider than the 3 wheeler we had for DD, I didn't find the weight that much of an issue. For me the pros outweighed the cons.