+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default cramping/stabbing pains on my right side and 16 weeks pregnant...

hi everyone,

I am very excited to say that I have reached the 16 week mark in my pregnancy now!

but I am beginning to freak myself out a little now... for past day and a bit I have a cramping/stabbing/achy feeling in my right side, lower abdomen region (kind of across the bikini line) and its beginning to bother and worry me now... im not sure what I should do... I have had a busy few days lately and to begin with jut thought that it was my body telling me to slow down a bit... so ive been in bed all day today and just trying to rest and relax... which seems to have helped... but its starting to come again now... and the pain is more of a cramping feeling across my stomach now... I have also had a bit of back pain on the right side only... not sure if the is significant or not...

im wondering If it anything to worry about or if its just growing pains etc? at first I thought that it might just be stretching pains etc... but im thinking it could also be a uti… (though ie never had one before)

suggestions?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would suggest its just stretching or bub in a weird spot hun. I would call someone if it becomes an unbearable pain - other then that normal x

3. The Following User Says Thank You to AppleIsleSMum For This Useful Post:

Emi  (06-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks for your reply. im going to keep resting over the weekend and if it hasn't eased up by Tuesday im going to go to the docs and get checked I think.... if it gets any worse then I will go straight to the hospital. dp doesn't think that it is anything... but I cant help but worrying...

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    It does sound fairly normal, make sure you are well hydrated, and of course, get checked out for peace of mind.

Take care

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MilkingMaid For This Useful Post:

Emi  (06-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm almost 18weeks and I know exactly what you're talking about! I get more sharp pains rather than cramps but it's usually when I'm lying down in bed and move the wrong way which I think is ligaments that are stretching and I've stretched one the wrong way! Like any ailments I would definitely see a doctor if it seems serious, but from what you've described I think it's pretty normal. Happy 16 weeks!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to squirrelex For This Useful Post:

Emi  (06-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had exactly that, it's round ligament pain apparently, just means your bub is getting bigger

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Artful For This Useful Post:

Emi  (06-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep, round ligament pain. I had it in the exact same spot. I think it was worst in the second trimester. Never found anything that helped it.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

Emi  (06-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is my third pregnancy and I have had this sort of pain in all three pregnancy's. I am 30 weeks and still get it, it woke me up the other night. It happens more when I am laying down and I can't move when it happens it hurts so much. I just lay there until it passes. I think this pregnancy has been the worse. You would think being the third I would be stretched but apparently not.

If you get to worried ring your midwifes at the hospital. They really don't mind being asked questions.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to mordygordy For This Useful Post:

Emi  (06-04-2012)