+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The fact that you even have a routine with a 2 week old is fabulous, focus on keeping a nice, steady routine and i think she will be a great sleeper for you soon enough

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I agree - you're doing great already! There's nothing that I did that you're not already doing and my DD slept 12 hours through from 12 weeks (this changed at 7 or 8 months though and she started waking for a feed again- but that's another story! )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    Wow! I wish my DS had of slept for that long during the night in between feeds when he was 2 weeks old!!! We were getting up every 1.5-2 hours sometimes in the first month or so!

Even now at 13 weeks he still sometimes wakes once during the night for a feed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It might happen on its own it there's nothing you can do to make it happen besides making sure bub is comfy. Dd did sleep through from 6 weeks, only until 12 weeks old, bu every night during that time. Usually 10 hours. I fed her literally every 1.5 to 2 hours during the day (on demand) and she never slept mch in the day time. As I said she stopped sleepin through at 12 weeks, stopped self settling, stopped using a dummy. Your newborn will change continuously while they're so little. Don't beat yourself up if hey dont sleep through or if the routine changes or is completely out the window. You need to adapt t your baby's needs not the other way around.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You cant get a 2 week old sleeping thru as they need to feed.
    My dd slept thru 10 hrs from 3 mths old.
    Sent from my X10i using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but there are very few newborns who sleep through the night. I really think you're expecting too much at this stage. My 18 month old is still waking 2-3 times a night for a feed. I know it would be nice to get extra sleep, but don't rush this newborn stage away. Before you know it, it'll be over and you'll wonder where the time went.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you find a way I would love to know! My first still had the sleep pattern you're describing at 10months! Didn't fully sleep through until 19 months. I'm a little anxious about going through that again but I'm hoping for a sheer luck baby! But would love secrets if they do exist lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thought it was expecting too much I know she is doing really well, I just don't want to encourage bad habits that I can't get her out of later. I should just relax and let her be!

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 25andhopeful For This Useful Post:

MilkingMaid  (06-04-2012),MissMuppet  (06-04-2012),Mod-biscotti  (06-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 25andhopeful View Post
    Thought it was expecting too much I know she is doing really well, I just don't want to encourage bad habits that I can't get her out of later. I should just relax and let her be!
    What bad habits were you worried about starting?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Bad habits? Like what? My DD fed twice a night til 12months when I weaned her. Since then she has slept 12hrs a night and she is almost 3. Sometimes I miss our snuggles, now I have a newborn again I just go with it, nothing lasts forever.

Sent from my LG-P500 using BubHub