+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Decreased movement

At 24 weeks, my baby has hardly moved in the last 48 hours- she has gone from at least 2 weeks of constant, big movements- enough for others to feel by placing their hand on my belly- to virtually nothing. Her movements were waking me they were so strong. The last time I felt anything significant was Wednesday. Wednesday night I was sitting watching her bump and move across my belly like she was swimming laps. Now I can count on one hand the number of tiny bubble like flutters I've felt over the last 2 days.

Is this common? Do others have quiet days in a row like this? Does it mean she has changed position and I just can't feel her? Can't help but feel concerned with the sudden change. I don't want to go as extreme as going to the hospital as I am still feeling tiny flutters here and there. My next check up isn't until the 24th.

I do have an anterior placenta but this has not affected my feeling her since very early on, so why now?

Thanks.
    Last edited by ~Marigold~; 06-04-2012 at 13:59.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'd go to the hospital, just to be on the safe side and confirm everything's ok

Moonie

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MoonstoneMare For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (06-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Have a large glass of ice water. If she dosen't move ring your midwife. You may need to go and get monitored for a 1/2 hour or so.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (06-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    If you have tried everything to feel proper kicks I would definitley go down the hospital just to be safe

Sent from my U8510 using BubHub

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Purple Lily For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (06-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    hmmm, I was just holding onto the fact that I'm at least getting tiny flutters here and there as opposed to nothing. I will wait 24 hours and if nothing improves I'll call.
    Does anyone know what could cause babies in utero to suddenly decrease their movement? Or is it just one of those things?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would get checked out. Decreased movement could be a number of things, it's probably nothing, but it's best to get checked.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jakois For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (06-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Eat a chocolate or drink some lemonade the sugar will get her going. I had the same at around the same time. She is probably just in a position that u can hardly feel the movements. Maybe u have also been super busy and have rocked her to sleep more! Try not to stress. Do all the tricks first and then if nothing call the hospital.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to hopefully2 For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (06-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Honestly I wouldn't wait. Please just ring your midwife/clinic/hospital and talk to a midwife.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My OB said that from 24 - 30 weeks you should feel a movement every day. From 30 weeks + there should be 10 movements a day. He said that if you are concerned about movement thenhave a large sugary drink (juice or lemonade) and wait for a while. If no movement then sit in a corner and concentrate. If still no movement then call the hospital and have s chat. It's not over reacting, and they will decide whether you should come in for monitoring. Good luck, you don't sound too stressed and I'm sure it's fine

Thanks
    Reviews
    Since asking this, I've felt her moving throughout today, but as I said, they have been much weaker and few and far between; this is why I've hesitated with going the hospital route; I am feeling her, just noticed a massive decrease in the strength of her, big kicks have become tiny little flutters that cannot be felt through the skin as they had been previously. This is what has left me confused as I was expecting it to only get stronger each day.

I'm feeling reassured as a couple of you have had similar experiences. Certainly if her movements ceased all together I would not hesitate with going straight to my hospital.

Wish I had my very own ultrasound machine for days like these
    Last edited by ~Marigold~; 06-04-2012 at 17:53.