+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Ford Territory v's volvo xc90?

Which would you get:
    7 seater ford territory (will be able to get a newer one than 2004 in our price range)

OR

Volvo xc90 (Will have to get a 2004 model as thats all our price range will allow)

Which would you get?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We have a 7 seater Terri.. I love it! Except the petrol consumption..its horrifying! And with the current prices its about $100 to fill. We are lucky to have a smaller sedan to run around in though.

Have you driven them both? We paid a little more for our car simply for the extras, rather than the age. I wanted something I'm comfortable driving.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wish we had extra to spend but we only have what we sell our other car for. I haven't drove any of them yet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't word that well!
    What I meant was we had our budget of X amount of $$, but went for a car a few years older instead of a base model newer one... We got the Ghia for the same amount as a care 2/3 years newer.
    I don't know if thats making sense either now! Between my huge belly and an annoying cat, I barely slept last night

Thanks
    Reviews
    I get you now. I was thinking the same the volvo will only be 1 or two years older but the leather seats etc appeal to me more as well as the size. Although I am yet to see one IRL yet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have the XC60 and my mum has the territory. As already stated, the fuel consumption in the territory is ridiculous. I have the diesel version of the Volvo and its sooooo great on fuel. I find filling up a real pain, always try and avoid it when DD is in the car but sometimes it can't be helped. Thankfully with the diesel I get over 1000km per 75 litre tank, so that lasts me 2 weeks easy.

I bought mine through novated lease, the bulk buying power gets you a big discount on new cars. I have no central vision in one eye so needed the blind spot sensor. A little light now comes on when there's a car in my blind spot. It also has lane departure warning (beeps if you drift out of your lane), and the car will break for me in a crash.

The territory is very comfortable to drive (as is the Volvo). Sound system not very good in the territory though. Because my car is a diesel the heater is a bit slow to kick in on a cold morning, but I have heated car seats so it's not a problem.

Whatever you buy I strongly suggest getting it in a diesel. It will pay for itself in fuel savings.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh yes the leather seats are great! They just wipe clean! Ive never had them before now, and I wish I had!

Another thing to check is the repair costs! Euro cars can be fairly expensive to fix.
    I also spent a bit of time researching known issues with the car. Territories have a problem with the front control arm, but ford replaced that free as its a recall item.

Opinionated is offline Winner 2009 - Best Avatar
    You know you love me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    If I could, I would get the Volvo. I said to a family member how much I liked them, and they went out and bought one. I am so jealous.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The Territory's are very cheap to service and repair as they use a lot of Falcon parts, Euro cars like Volvos can be very exxy!

Diesel models will also cost you a small fortune should anything go wrong with it and general replacement parts with diesel cars are thought the roof!! My mechanic compared one filter in our car was literally 10x the cost in a diesel car!

I would speak to a trusted mechanic about cars - we did this when we got a new car.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have the XC 70 in diesel and I love it. We have friends who bought the XC90 and they love it too.

Go Volvo over Ford, they are a much superior car.

BTW growing up Dad always had fords (he's a ford man) and Mum drove Volvos.