+ Reply to Thread
    Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default bigger in subsequent pregnancies?

visually, at 20weeks, I'm currently bigger than I was at 32 weeks with dd.
    last time it wasn't obvious (even in bathers) until about 28 weeks (i just looked a bit podgy)
    did you get bigger with each pregnancy?
    I'm 30kg heavier this time, but its fairly even, so I don't think that's the cause.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My Mum (a midwife) told me you usually show more quickly in subsequent pregnancies because your muscles have already been stretched out one before making them less restrictive in future pregnancies.

It doesn't necessarily mean you'll end up bigger overall, just that you will arrive at your big bump stage quicker.

Hope I worded that so it makes sense.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I showed earlier but ended up smaller and only put on 6kg (taking me to max weight at 39 weeks of 62kg). I have a long torso and good tummy muscles so only look about 30 weeks at birth.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi , with my dd i was HUGE... and so big, that i had put 20 kg's on and i couldn't walk more than 15 mins without having aches in my knees... and ppl kept asking if i was having triplets...how embaressing. with ds, i thought i'd be bigger, but i only put 10 kgs on, and was waaaaayyyy smaller.. I think every pregnancy is different..

Thanks
    Reviews
    From the comments I get from the general public (as well as photographic evidence!) I would have to say I definitely showed much earlier with this 3rd pregnancy and am showing much more by comparison at each stage. With my first (and even 2nd) most of the comments I got were about how tiny my bump was. This time I get looks of shock when asked about my due date and I say I still have 3 months to go and get told 'OMG you're going to be huge by then'. My weight gain isn't hugely different and, while anything is possible, I assume this bub will also be on the small size despite everyone else's predictions(DS and DD were both small 2.82 and 2.78kg at full term) - I just figure these tummy muscles are so stretched they have no chance of holding a baby in close but that things will probably even out by the end. Time will tell!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not for me.....
    bub # 1, didn't show til around 22 weeks I reckon, and not a proper 'baby' bump til about 24.
    BUT... by 36weeks I had gained 19kg (I only weighed about 59 to start with)... and I had pre-eclampsia, so hate to think how much more I had gained by time bub was delivered (just under 40 weeks).

Expected this pregnancy to show earlier/be bigger. But surprisingly not. Still only had a noticable bump round 22-24 weeks. Was amazingly still fitting in some normal pants (not my jeans though lol).
    I was probably a kg or 2 heavier than prior to bub #1.
    So this time round, at almost 36 weeks, I have put about 12kg on, and my bump, while still feeling big, in photos I think looks a lot more compact, but in general this pregnancy has been entirely different!

I put a lot down to the pre-eclampsia, I wish I could say I've eaten better (ha not a chance with easter).
    And it's not because I have fab tummy muscles or anything either LOL... realised they still have a huge gap and never rejoined from bub # 1 and c-section.

But... despite all that... I do feel as though my tummy just doesn't support the weight and heaviness like it did first time round, if that makes sense?