+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I use the U Kotex ones as well. I don't change every pee if you pull the string gently and it won't budge easy, it's not full. I use them overnight too only cos I get up to a 2 yr old 5 times a night too but if I slept thru I wouldn't.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wanted to say thank you for all your advise!
    My last period when I posted this (I get irregular periods) I had a lot of trouble and could still feel it up there.
    Made me very stressed out!

The biggest thing was that no matter how far I pushed it up there I could still feel it.. Even with an applicator! Drove me mental!

This week I have my period again ... So I decided to read back through the advise and give it a better go,
    I could still feel it but no where near as bad, it felt as though it was in the right place but just felt a little uncomfortable.

So I got some "slim" ones, as someone mentioned it on here, they seem to be a bit shorter and they are amazing!
    I can't feel it, it's comfterable, and I wouldn't even know I'm on my period, and no leaks so far
    Hooray!!

Just wanted to say thank you for every one, and I tried all the different positions suggested and have found standing and slightly squatting is best.

Thank you again
    Last edited by Liddybugs; 16-04-2012 at 12:54.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Another fan of kotex here.

And I agree, if u can feel it, tug it out a little, angle it a little more 'rear' and try to insert it further. Even with a flow, sometimes it can be a bit uncomfortable (dry) inserting them, so if you fins this is an issue at first, practice with some lube of some sort.

Actually the best advice my step mother ever gave me was to practice inserting and wearing them (for a short time) when I DIDN'T have my period, because it meant I could deal with the hurdle of first using them without the added stress of a potential leak or messy situation on my hands! 'Scuse the pun lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Insert it up to about the middle knuckle of your finger - I'm thinking if you can feel it it's not in far enough.

As for when to remove.... Just give a slight tug and if it doesn't move, leave it and if it moves it's prob ready to be changed. I always use a thin panty liner just in case!

Sorry to hijack the thread with a question of my own but as I hate getting my period with a passion, and the idea of menstrual cups is just horrid to me, does anyone know about these shots you can get every few months that make your period gho away altogether?? What's the go with these?

Thanks
    Reviews
    When you go to the toilet, give the string a light tug, if it doesn't move it doesn't need changing, if it starts to move you need to change it.
    Also, put some lubrication on the tip, will make it less painful to insert.
    And aim a bit for your backbone.
    Hope that helps

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackEyedPea View Post
    Insert it up to about the middle knuckle of your finger - I'm thinking if you can feel it it's not in far enough.

As for when to remove.... Just give a slight tug and if it doesn't move, leave it and if it moves it's prob ready to be changed. I always use a thin panty liner just in case!

Sorry to hijack the thread with a question of my own but as I hate getting my period with a passion, and the idea of menstrual cups is just horrid to me, does anyone know about these shots you can get every few months that make your period gho away altogether?? What's the go with these?
    The shot is Depo Provera. It's a long term contraceptive that usually results in your period stopping. You need to get the needle every three months. It's very effective but has some side effects. Chat to your GP to see if it would be suitable for you. I was on it for 10 years prior to DS, like you I detest having AF.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Monnie83 For This Useful Post:

Ellewood  (17-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    > I can feel it up there, it doesn't hurt at all, it's not uncomfortable, but I can feel something's up there especially when I sit down, is this normal or should I not feel a thing?
    It might not be up far enough as the others have said. Generally i can never feel mine or if i do i push it up a little more

> what brand do you find the best? I tend to get a very heavy flow and slight spotting in the middle of my cycle.
    I love moxie (i think its called) they are the best that work for me but it is trial & error I think

> applicator or no applicator?
    I preer no applicator but its personal choice

> how do you know when you have it "all the way" up there?

It wont go any further. You just know

> when it's properly in place do you still get leaking? Should I back up with panty liners?
    I wear one JIC as i like to be prepared as you never know what might happen.

> do you change them every 4 hours like the packet states or do you do it more/less often?
    I generally can last 5-6 hours with mine. I can feel if its getting too full. The more you wear it the more you will know

> is there a position you find best to put them in?
    Squatting I find easiest