+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    > I can feel it up there, it doesn't hurt at all, it's not uncomfortable, but I can feel something's up there especially when I sit down, is this normal or should I not feel a thing?

I have been using tampons for 6 years now and if you put then deep enough you wont feel a thing. The only thing you should feel is the string outside.

> what brand do you find the best? I tend to get a very heavy flow and slight spotting in the middle of my cycle.

I use tampax heavy flow tampons. They are amazing. I have endometriosis so my periods are always heavy.

> applicator or no applicator?

I use the applicator ones they are easy to insert and you will always get it deep enough not to feel them and it saves you from sticking your fingers up there. The applicators have a line on them where you need to get to before you take the applicator off.

> how do you know when you have it "all the way" up there?

Like I said above the applicators are wonderful with getting them in the right place.

> when it's properly in place do you still get leaking? Should I back up with panty liners?

I have had some leakage so I always wear a liner just in case.

> do you change them every 4 hours like the packet states or do you do it more/less often?

Yes I follow it. I am to scared of toxic shock syndrome to not change them often.

> is there a position you find best to put them in?

My position is sitting on a toilet with your hips open. That way you get it in deep enough and it doesnt hurt to put them in.

Hope my answers helped and dont be ashamed. Never to old to learn.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lollie1990 For This Useful Post:

Liddybugs  (06-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If u feel it while sitting down it needs to go In further. Putting vaseline on the tip makes it easier to insert.
    Mine only leak when full

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oh and with regards to changing when urinating, I would hold the string to the side to keep it out of the way as much as possible, but I was always concerned that it might soak up some urine, so as soon as I finished I would give it a tug to pull it out. If it hadn't been long since the last change, this would be rather uncomfortable as it would still be relatively dry.

-------------

Oh, and another thing to add.

My mother taught me to drop them in the toilet, but that is not a good idea and can block up the pipes, and is really bad if the toilet is connected to a septic tank. Just wrap the used tampon in some toilet paper and dispose of it the same way you would a used pad.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Excellent thread. I've never got the hang of it either!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ive used tampons since my second period (so 11 years now)

I find if you dont insert them properly then you can feel it..easy fixed by pulling it out a bit and re-adjusting the angle.

I use Libra Super tampons (not the slim ones) and depending on my cycle I can change them anywhere from 2-5 hours

I leak sometimes but usually only when my period is very heavy, and in those instances I wear a light pad as backup. I can feel when its time to change my tampon so its not very often I leak.

I find sitting on the loo the easiest way to insert a tampon.

I dont like applicators..but if you find it easier than go for it.

If you read the little pamphlet that comes in your tampon box it will tell you hoe to insert and all that. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have U by Kotex currently which are pretty good - slim & have a tapered tip. I've always used slim ones, just easier to insert I find. Never used an applicator so no advice there..
    Taking a deep breath then slowly exhaling whilst putting it in helps I find, just to relax the muscles. Aim for your tailbone, so angled - not straight up.
    As said in PPs - if you can still feel it, it isn't in far enough.

I used a liner on the heavy days just in case. Change as necessary when you feel it is full or every 4 hours or so.

Would recommend you try a few different brands/absorbances to see what you like best.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awesome thread! I never got the hang of it and now that mine has returned since having bub I was thinking it's time to try again. Thanks for the tips everyone...

I have another question though... I remember a friends telling me years ago that she would take hers out to pee, and then reinsert it again... Can you do this? Or how does it work? I know they expand...
    I ask this as I seriously pee like 20 times a day, so would I change it each time? :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    You should be able to get away with just pulling the string to the side (so it doesn't get peed upon). I just was never comfortable with the idea and changed it anyway. But if I were urinating that frequently I probably wouldn't have.

Another option would be to tuck the string inside, because the urethra leads all the way to the outside.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If I've recently changed, I will leave it in to pee. Otherwise I change it after.

I prefer to use pads overnight as I have a light flow overnight and also if I sleep through (ha ha) then I don't want to have a tampon in for that long.

I use libra slims. The super on the first days then regular on the last days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for asking the question OP in 30 and never used them!