+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Clothing size, BMI and weight.

I'm currently trying to lose 5kg after having DS2. I'm not overweight, I'm 65kg at 176cm so my BMI is around 21. But because my hip bones are naturally wide (and more so after babies) I'm a size 14 at the moment. Was in a shop today and saw a lady who was carrying more weight than me but because of her bone structure she was complaining that she'll have to go up to a size 8.

So how about you, if you dare to share are you happy with your body shape and size? How would you change it? And do clothing sizes etc matter to you, or just how you feel?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to CluckySC For This Useful Post:

Ellies Mum  (06-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm 162cms and usually around 58kgs. I wear a size 8-10-12 depending on brand.

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm 82.9 ( could be less weigh myself tomorrow trying to lose weight 6.1kg so far) not sure on my bmi
    My clothes are around size 14 for pants size 12 for dresses and tops and jumpers

Atm I'm not happy with my weight but once I reach my goal weight I will be

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bunkx View Post
    I'm 82.9 ( could be less weigh myself tomorrow trying to lose weight 6.1kg so far) not sure on my bmi
    My clothes are around size 14 for pants size 12 for dresses and tops and jumpers

Atm I'm not happy with my weight but once I reach my goal weight I will be
    I don't like how my body carries weight and being a short **** I'm 82.5 but can't go any smaller then a large 16 - 18 in some sizes. I'm 166cm in height too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm 167cm, 51kgs and BMI is 18. I'm a size 8 on the bottom, and a 6 on the top. Usually I wear 8's on top though, because I like my tops a bit baggier.

I do like my body I guess ... For ages I was a size 10-12 while I was on the pill, and I really hated all the lumpy bumpy bits that I had to try to hide. (That was at 65kgs, which looked massive on me because I have a really small frame, narrow hips etc.)

If I could change my body at all, I'd probably give myself some boobs. No need for a lot - just a little would be enough! It's really bad. I'm 26, and I've just started a new job in a new town. I've worked there 3 days and so far 4 customers have made comments to me that I am too young to be working there - my body actually looks quite pre-pubescent
    Last edited by Shoopuf; 05-04-2012 at 20:55.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CluckySC View Post
    I'm currently trying to lose 5kg after having DS2. I'm not overweight, I'm 65kg at 176cm so my BMI is around 21. But because my hip bones are naturally wide (and more so after babies) I'm a size 14 at the moment. Was in a shop today and saw a lady who was carrying more weight than me but because of her bone structure she was complaining that she'll have to go up to a size 8.

So how about you, if you dare to share are you happy with your body shape and size? How would you change it? And do clothing sizes etc matter to you, or just how you feel?
    Don't get me started on clothes sizes!! I am 176 cm and overweight at the moment I'm trying desperately to lose some weight but I have pcos and am finding it very difficult to lose after having dd.
    As far as clothes sizes go it ranges depending on the shop! I bought a dress the other day and it's a size 12 but really big on me. I buy tops that are usually a 12-14 but then I buy jeans and they are a size 18. (I too have been blessed with big hips) It's an ongoing battle!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not too sure of my bmi but I weigh 62kg at the moment (16 weeks preg) and about 168cm I think.
    At my lightest I was a very unhealthy 55kg and smoking and drinking more than I was eating. I got up to 63kg after getting married when I was ttc our first bub and have stayed in that same range ever since (except during pregnancy when I got up to 78kg at my heaviest of the 3).
    I am reasonably happy with my body shape.. I have a tummy bulge that I've had forever that won't budge no matter how many sit ups I do and after bub #3 I went to the gym to shift the last 3 kg to get me down to my goal of 60kg as I think I look my best at around that weight.

I've probably been more conscious of my weight and body shape in the last few years, I'm 33 now and I figure if I keep eating crap and not doing anything I'll be struggling to change it once I hit the big 40.. Plus DH is only 28 so figure I need to stay looking around his age ;-)

Eta- I'm a 10 in pants and tops i usually get a size 12-14 but depends on the style.. I tend to get them a bit bigger to hide my tummy.. Size doesn't bother me because they are all different anyway..
    Last edited by 2girls1boyplus1; 05-04-2012 at 20:57.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    164cm, 80kg, BMI of 30 and a size 14

I don't pay attention to my weight really, in the sense of weighing myself. I'm happy with the size I am atm (given I gave birth 3 weeks ago!) though would like to be a little smaller, my smallest was 76kg at a size 10-12, to be there again would be nice
    *I can haz typos*
    Last edited by Lillynix; 05-04-2012 at 21:00.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im 170cm and 54kg and an 8. im happy with my body and proportions for the most part but I have cellulite which I hate. But i know im very lucky to have my figure and try to ignore the cellulite and be grateful for good genes!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    BMI sucks! It doesn't take into account your body shape.

I'm 144cm tall & weigh about 62kg, I've lost 4kg in 3 weeks with 8 to go.
    I've always worn a size 10 but now their starting to fit property & I've lost most my muffin top.

I'm happy with my shape, just need to loose this weight so I can have my life back.