+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by hopefully2 View Post
    Artful I had my csection at SJOG Subi. It was a beautiful experience. Baby was given to me straight after apgar score done and didn't leave my side. Skin to skin straight away. Breast fed 20 mins later. Pm me any questions. Who is your ob?
    That's fantastic!! Thanks hopefully xx

My ob is Adam Gubbay, he hasn't said that there is no skin to skin, we have the birth plan chat coming up next appt. It is something I had heard from a friend who is booked in for a Caesar at SJOG

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    He is mine too! We had skin to skin pretty much within twenty minutes so maybe straight away was a bit of an exaggeration but it goes so quickly. You r in your room fast. I am scheduled for a csection with him again in about 12 weeks. I think he is wonderful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by hopefully2 View Post
    He is mine too! We had skin to skin pretty much within twenty minutes so maybe straight away was a bit of an exaggeration but it goes so quickly. You r in your room fast. I am scheduled for a csection with him again in about 12 weeks. I think he is wonderful.
    I think he is so far as well! Good luck with your next birth does that make you due in July? I am due in august, can't wait. I love SJOG so far. Did you enjoy your stay there first time around?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Any ladies here had c-sect in public system? I've been told baby will be taken away with DH and I will be in recovery for hour or 2 before I finally get a cuddle. Very upset about this. Do I have the right to demand skin-to-skin? Have been told during a birth class that they don't do skin-to-skin at my hospital after a c-sect because of a shortage of midwives, but I don't understand enough about the process to know why midwives are needed for something that seems so basic.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellymoe View Post
    Any ladies here had c-sect in public system? I've been told baby will be taken away with DH and I will be in recovery for hour or 2 before I finally get a cuddle. Very upset about this. Do I have the right to demand skin-to-skin? Have been told during a birth class that they don't do skin-to-skin at my hospital after a c-sect because of a shortage of midwives, but I don't understand enough about the process to know why midwives are needed for something that seems so basic.
    I'm not sure either. I had an emergency c section, had no skin to skin and we were separated for over 2 hours. I'm sure you can request this, I'd at least be letting them know your wishes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    elly: i want skin to skin this time too....didnt get it last time and that was private but i didnt think to ask either, DH sorta went off with the baby and i remianed in recovery for about 40 minutes alone....i dont see why they have to whip the baby away so quickly if all ok??? im going to ask my ob tommorrow and be vocal about it when i go into the theatre / prep....cant hurt to be a little demanding as often they say "no" but if u are quite assertive ppl give will give in....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had emergency CS and bub face was put to my face within a few minutes after delivery, then as soon as I was wheeled out to recovery I was handed him to hold and BF. so unless there are issues with bub I don't see any reason to think you shoukdnt have baby instantly. I went private but don't see why public would be different?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have had all 4 c sections in a public hospital first 2 I never seen my babies till I was out of recovery they were both emergency
    My last 2 I got skin to skin contact as soon as I was on recovery
    It was beautiful just request it!! I did and asked why I wasn't able to do it with first 2 they told me that the policies had changed now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MummaJez View Post
    I had emergency CS and bub face was put to my face within a few minutes after delivery, then as soon as I was wheeled out to recovery I was handed him to hold and BF. so unless there are issues with bub I don't see any reason to think you shoukdnt have baby instantly. I went private but don't see why public would be different?
    That's what I would think. Have an appt on Tues so will be wanting to know why if it is confirmed I need c-sect, because I sure as hell don't know. If they gave me a good reason I would be disappointed but accepting, if they gave me no real reason I'll be pretty upset

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had c section at a public hospital and had skin to skin straight after I was stitched up and wheeled back into my room...maybe 20 minutes tops. I didnt need a midwife to help me hold my baby so I dont see why it would ever be an issue..they made sure my pain relief was all sorted and then left us to it.