+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We have a 6 mo (11.5kgs) and 20 mo (15.5kgs), we had an old p&t explorer which was a piece of crap and tilted. We bought a new p&t explorer ( new version but the rear seat is more upright ) and already I can see DS will struggle in the rear seat. Other than that I do like it. But I really wanted a baby jogger city mini double...DH didn't!

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondEyes View Post
    Thanks for the advice everyone, i decided to just get (well havent gotten it yet) a single pram, and will get a good carrier. So if ds#2 is being difficult he can go in the pram and bubba in the carrier. I cant really justify a super expensive pram for the possibility of 6 month use as he already doesnt want in the pram as it is now. Im hoping he improves over the next 8 months.

Xox
    I was going to suggest this I really don't think an inline work. If you decide to go with a double have a look at the mountain buggy duo very sturdy and holds up to 25kg per seat, fits any combo of my kiddies (DS1-4.5 yrs, DD 8 months or DS2 3.5 yrs). Very bulky in the car but that's the only down side I have come across. 'Only' cost me $700 too, I know not really cheap but cheaper than a lot of those that are in that tandem range.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks for the advice everyone, i decided to just get (well havent gotten it yet) a single pram, and will get a good carrier. So if ds#2 is being difficult he can go in the pram and bubba in the carrier. I cant really justify a super expensive pram for the possibility of 6 month use as he already doesnt want in the pram as it is now. Im hoping he improves over the next 8 months.

Xox
    I was going to suggest an ergo + pram but sometimes I feel like I preach a little too much about babywearing I often wear DS2 in the ergo and push DS1 around in our city mini...sometimes he walks, but it's usually a nightmare if i'm alone (he's a runner). It's a cheaper and easier option, especially when you don't know how long your DS will tolerate the pram for.

I don't think i've used the double pram enough to justify actually spending the money on it. It is handy for certain situations, but for the price tag of most tandems, you would probably want to get a lot of use out of it.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yeah, we dont really have a lot of boot space either, plus if ive got to lift heavy stuff that will pose a prob in the beginning...

We took ds#2 for a walk today, no pram. He held our hand on the way there, then turned into a feral on the walk back, was trying to run on the road like a wild boar.... I was like "oh my gawd...theres no way he cant be in a pram if im on my own!!!! with a baby!!!"

My fear has kicked in... Will 8 months make a difference i wonder? Eeeesh lol.

I do like me the ergo galaxy?

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol @ wild boar. That is my DS in a nutshell

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Im just getting brave enough to let jasper walk when I cant hold his hand. Mainly because we moved to a quieter area its not like walking alongside the gold coast HWY.

Though nearly 3.5 jasper has a little sense of self preservation.

Sent from my X10i using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bought a wrist strap for DS1 and have attached one end to the side of the pram.

It's been a great way to teach him to walk next to the pram without me having multiple heart attacks thinking he's going to do a runner on me every 2 minutes.

It's a coil body board type springy thing so he does have some give in where he can walk.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My child is a maniac. thinking i might just bite the bullet and go for a strider. The sheer size of it scares the heck out of me tho.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My child is a maniac. thinking i might just bite the bullet and go for a strider. The sheer size of it scares the heck out of me tho.
    We r due in five'ish weeks and have just ordered the strider plus four, with second seat and baby carrier (capsule). As it is an Australian product they only take a couple of weeks to come in. We got all three things in toffee for $650 as Mothercare doesn't want to stock this colour anymore. These things should have been closer to $1000. I suggest calling them up if u r seriously keen. However if you are still unsure what u want to do, u have plenty of time. I was in a very similar conundrum. Waiting to get the pram hasn't changed my dd inability to walk long distances. However the warranty begins from the time you pay for it so better to wait till bub is almost here. Congrats on your pregnancy. I hope it's very uneventful.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to hopefully2 For This Useful Post:

Zombie_eyes  (21-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I keep fantasizing about the bebe care brand one that's similar because the main seat converts to a bassinet (so cool)

I won't get it but it's a nice pram.