+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    next time she asks just say 'we are working on it!' and go from there

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by trishalishous View Post
    next time she asks just say 'we are working on it!' and go from there
    This sounds like the best approach. let her bring it up then explain the situation as you have here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much ladies. You have given me some great advice. Will
    leave it until she brings it up again and we will go from there. DP wants to sit them down on Saturday and talk it out. So we will see what happens.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi Lollie,

First of all, you're doing well, I don't think I'd be able to live with the inlaws Thats awesome you're able to do that until you can save for a house, so many good things to look forward too.

I saw one of your last posts saying that your DP wants to sit down with them & discuss the whole TTC thing. Just make sure you're happy to talk about this with them as it is such a personal thing & may not happen straight away. I made the mistake of telling people (in 2010) & it hurts to keep having parents asking you personal questions....I've started avoiding those questions as sometimes you just don't want to answer them! I wish we hadn't told anyone as it can at times be hard on both persons let alone everyone else being involved too...

I also have been told that I have endo & PCOS (I just can't win!) and for this reason, my body doesn't ovulate regularly. I went a whole year without AF, what a nightmare!!! Now I have a wonderful ob/gyn who's put us straight onto clomid to make me ovulate naturally. When I saw my GP, he told us I wouldn't be able to conceive naturally & would have to do IVF...it was very scary to hear but he was totally wrong as there are a few options before IVF.

All I wanted to say is good luck & make sure you don't get pressured into telling anyone you don't want to tell. It can be a difficult time without family asking where you are in your cycle etc... I think its great you're wanting kids young, its different for everyone but I never though TTC would take so long for us. Hope it happens soon for you guys & good luck!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just want I say try not to stress too much about having difficulty TTC (much easier said than done), having Endo doesn't necessarily mean you are infertile. I have severe PCOS and Endo and was told I need I have the excision and fertility treatment to get pregnant, possibly IVF.
    If you notice my sig I am almost 7 weeks pregnant with our naturally conceived baby after only ovulating twice in 9 months

If you really feel the need to let your IL's know what's going on just be honest and tell them you'd like to start a family. Is getting your own place an option?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think you just need to tell them. But at the same time be prepared to have to find a rental and move out. It will be a jump having a new born baby in the house full time. It might be something they aren't ready for. There is being ready to be grandparents seeing the baby then being able to leave and being grandparents living with the baby full time.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Goodluck, i think if it was going to be a huge problem with them, move out and rent? Then its no ones business

Thanks
    Reviews
    Did you end up telling them? Hope you made a decision you're comfortable with either way. Thinking of you x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah we did end up telling them. We just sat them down and explained everything to them and they were very understanding. Thanks for all the help ladies.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Lollie1990 For This Useful Post:

tea&toast  (12-04-2012)

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    In my opinion, if you are old enough and capable of looking after a child and being a parent, no one not even your/your partners parents should treat it as anything other then fantastic news. For example my partner and I were together for only 16 months when we found out despite all contraception and my looming infertility that we were expecting. We made the decision to keep the baby and although it shocked the parents and scared us to death to tell them. They were all supportive once the news had sunk in. I think if you guys are ready and have thought this out, go for it. Talk to them face to face and if they seem hesitant just explain your reasoning why and tell them they'll be fabulous grandparents. I know its nerve wrecking but at the end of the day its your decision, your life, your body and your ttc.