+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Telling DP parents.

We are currently ttc #1 and we need to tell DP's family. No idea how that will go and just need some advice. Here is the situation-

We live with DP's parents until we can afford to buy our home. But my health issues has put a rush on us having kids. I have stage 2 endo and I know it can and probably will cause infertility. Going for bloods next month to see if I O every month. I know we can wait if we want and risk not having any kids. But we just dont wanna risk it. Its a big dream of mine to have kids. We have our own space and we are in a very stable relationship. I am 22 and DP 23.

So my question is. How do we tell them??
    No negative comments PLEASE. This is hard enough already.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Do you think they would be upset? I don't really think that TTC is anybody's business really, I'd personally tell them when you are 12 weeks pregnant

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I guess there's no special way of telling them... I think you guys should just be upfront and honest with them and tell them your reasons.
    How do you think they'll feel about it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    depending on how ur relationship with them is, could you start off by saying you had an appointment and got told by Dr its now or never on having kids? or not say anything at all. its no one elses business really, but I do find it odd telling people you plan to have s3x, even if the intntion is to have a baby

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think they might be a little bit upset. I think they have the right to know because its their house and they might need time to get used to the idea. Plus I might need to do ivf if I dont O every month.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Firstly it's not easy this TTC battle.

We told DH's parents that We were having trouble concieving so i had been to the dr and these were the findings and this what what they had suggested.

MIL was horrible said that my weight wouldn't be helping to DH, but came around when he said that PCOS actually makes it hard to loose weight.

Maybe just sit down with them if you get on with them ok and let them know that you have been to the Dr's and this is what you have been told and that you are considering TTC.
    Goodluck hope it all goes well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Hoping.

We have told his parents about our issues and when we brought it up with them last time that we might start ttc soon they were really negative about it all.

They dont fully understand my disease. They think because they know 3 people with it that went on to have kids, that it will be easy for us to conceive later. But what they dont get is I am an individual and those people might only have a mild endo. Mine is pretty bad and they dont seem to get that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybe they think they are too young to become grandparents?
    Once it happens they will probably be so happy for you and forget any bad feelings. Why don't you just tell them when it happens?

Thanks
    Reviews
    They always talk about how they look forward to having grand-kinds.
    The reason why we dont wanna wait till it happens is because we live under their roof and they have a right to know whats going on and we might need more room for bubs. So we will need to talk about that. Plus poas is quite hard when 6 people live under one roof and his mum keeps on asking when we are gonna have kids and I dont like lying to her.
    Last edited by Lollie1990; 05-04-2012 at 22:06.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump for the night ladies.