+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Attaching a Mobile

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to figure out the best way to hang some mobiles in the baby room. We have super high ceilings and I'd rather not have to attempt to hang anything from all the way up there, so I have been looking for one of the arms that you can clip onto the side of the cot... not having much luck though. Has anyone seen them anywhere? Or got any brilliant ideas on alternative mounting methods that dont require me to drill holes into walls or ceilings?!

Thanks,
    Avien

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Both the mobiles I had came with arms that attach to the cot, they just clamped on. Not sure if you can buy these separately though. You could possibly but a cheap 2nd hand mobile on eBay that comes with the arm and just hang your mobile from it instead? Otherwise I used those 3m removable hooks on the ceiling when I wanted the mobile to hang a bit higher above the cot. They can be removed quite easily.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have just purchased this for a wooden mobile that I purchased.

http://www.fishpond.com.au/005267802...ds=crib+mobile

I also grabbed the musical attachment from Amazon. You'll see that Amazon have the arm too, but for some reason don't ship that part to AU.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies,

I found a plastic arm on eBay, so hopefully the problem is solved. I would have thought they would be easier to find/buy, but cant seem to find anything in Aus.

I can't imagine why Amazon wont ship the plastic arm over here. Especially seeing as they DO ship the mobile that attaches to it, and the arm you buy through Fishpond is actually shipped from a supplier in the US!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Glad u found one.

I know I thought that was most strange also...

Hopefully it work out for us.