+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    If I'm on my own, I don't, but I leave the kids in the car, so I do when they're in there.

Opinionated is offline Winner 2009 - Best Avatar
    You know you love me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep, I wouldn't want anything valuble like my shopping or kids to get stolen.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I never lock it unless in the city. The rest of the time keys, phone and kids stay in there unlocked..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I do,
    And leave a window half down and leave dd in while I pay.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    Yes I use to but I don't go solo to get fuel now that I have had kids, but at the moment I don't have a car so it's a non issue, whenido have my car no I won't I will leave it unlocked and I will be leaving my kids in the car while I go to pay. I'd rather chance someone stealing my car vs a fuel station fire and my car being locked.

*sits back and waits for the "do you leave your kids in the car when you go to pay for fuel" topic to be raised*
    Ok hubby and I just had a huge chat i haven't read any more replies but I've changed my mind about this. It's his opinion that it's better to lock the car (if you have central locking) because he says the risk of a fuel fire is way less than that of a car jacking, he explained the whole fuel vapor oxygen ratio to me, how unlikely that there would be a suitable ignition source, we have way better safety systems than in the US yadda yadda.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Electric must be in the styx like me - only lock it if I'm in the city now. Always go to the same servo, always see someone I know filling up at the same servo, I have the only one of my car in the area and no one would want to steal it anyhow. If I had button locking I'd be more inclined to lock though and if I lived in the city where I used to I'd always lock - do know of people having their cars or belongings stolen at servos.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

Electric Rodeo  (06-04-2012)