+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Any parents do nightfill or shift work to avoid using child care

I am currently looking into maybe going back to work not full time but just some money to help with the bills. Anyone work at night what are you guys doing and how did you go about it. What are your hours and do you think it's worth it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My SIL did night fill at Woolies (7pm-12pm) it was 8 years ago and I think back then was $16 an hour, she said it was great as her husband got home at 5.30, they all had dinner together then she left for work at 6.30 so she only missed bedtime and bath 5 nights a week but spent all day with them!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was doing nightfilling. It was good money for crappy work. 2 years ago the normal casual pay was around $27 but that changed all the time with Saturdays and sundays were different pay and after certain times it changed again.

Coles would finish at midnight but there was always extra hours after midnight. I worked in a massive shopping centre Coles and we filled 7 nights a week! I loved it. Just work hard and fast and you'll get the hours

The down side is that you are buggered when you get home at midnight but still need time to calm down after working so I would be up till 1:30ish then back up at 5:30 6 and that was hard with two kids. Your eating gets all out of wack cause you're eating at work to stay awake and have energy..

But I would do it again when this bub is born!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm a nurse and try and do a weekend night shift or start at 3:30 (DP is a teacher and I drop DS at his school on my way to work). Its great because were not paying someone to look after DS. Although I can request such shifts don't always get them and we have an awesome day care mum who looks after DS at home when I start earlier. It does require organization (I have dinner cooked, clothes laid out nappies washed etc) but I only mention this because I'm not the most organized person.