+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi Kayteigh,

Thats ok, thats the way she's always wanted to give birth. I know she's researched it extensively & knows all the risks etc involved. I do know that she was present while her sister had a natural birth last year. She ended up having a pretty tough labour & ended up with 3rd degree tear's , so I'm not sure if that had anything to do with it or not..

I've known her for many years & a c-sect has been the way she's wanted to give birth. She was saying that it appears to be safer for Mum & bub, which I think I agree with her on

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hopefully 2, we are in Far North QLD

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Well that's completely understandable and I hope she is able to give birth the way she wants. If she has any questions I have had both emergency and elective c-sections don't hesistate to ask

Sent from my ZTE T60 using BubHub

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kayteigh For This Useful Post:

Rocky27  (06-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is there a section here that is specifically for your area coz then you can ask hubers for the names of their ob's who did their elective csections.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Kateigh,

Thats really lovely I might just tell her to join up on bub hub, haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Hopefully2, I'm not too sure, but will def have a look. We live in a smaller place (not bigger areas like Brisbane etc) so not sure if will be on here, but I might have a bit more of a look around...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Let your friend know that if she has a c-section she can't drive of 6 weeks afterwards, along with a long list of other things that can't be done

Sent from my ZTE T60 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi

I'm booked in to have elective c section in just 17 days. I chose this way for similar reasons as your friend. I'd much rather know I'm having c section on this date then spending hours labouring, stressed and ending up with a c section anyway. This has happened to a number of my friends and a few have said that they felt like they failed as a mother cause they couldn't birth the way they expected. I really couldn't do this to myself, bub or DH.

Now, for the OBs. I called just one dr who was recommended and spoke to receptionist. I asked how he felt about elective c section and receptionist told me he was fine with it and she delivered the same way with her daughter and this dr. We then talked about it on the 1st visit at just 9 weeks preg. He asked why. I told him and he said that's not a prob and would look at timing later on in the pregnancy. And all along he's discussed anything with us we needed to know.

I hope your friend finds the perfect dr that will help bring her child into the world the way she wants.

As for negative ppl. You will get them everywhere. She just needs to stick to her guns and explain that this is her choice. Her body. Her baby. Her family. And if the ppl don't like it then tell them it's best not to discuss it then.

I've had a few friends tell me about their horrible birth stories and ended up with c section then give me the "why would you do that?" question. To start off I made an excuse. Blah blah blah. Then in the end it p***ed me off and I'd just say my body, our baby, our family, our choice. As this was a decision made along with DH.

So in summary. Make sure she sticks to her guns and doesn't let anyone make her feel bad for the choices she is making.

Sorry to ramble but this is something very close to me at the moment.

Good luck

10. The Following User Says Thank You to kc1981 For This Useful Post:

Rocky27  (06-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi kc,

Thats an awesome reply, thank-you so much

I feel the same too, I don't understand why so many people are against it. I'm glad that she's going out of her way now to find a doctor who will respect her wishes & hopefully let her have her bub the way she wants. I'm glad she's speaking up, instead of just going with the flow & finding out later that they won't let her do it...

I sent her a text earlier, suggesting she do a ring around, which she is going to do once Easter & all these public holidays are over, so I hope she finds a couple who let her know on the phone that the doctor is either for/against elective c-sections, so she knows if to book in or not. The poor thing, I hope she finds one who's happy with that choice!

Yeah, i couldn't believe it that they wouldn't discuss it with her. I know it is still early on, but its causing her alot of stress not knowing if the doctor will do one or not. I think she's taking the 'we'll discuss it later' as a no. I'd be the same & wanting to find out as soon as you can.

Thats awesome you're having yours in 17 days, how exciting!! I wish you all the best & thanks so much again for your reply

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I would take the we will discuss it as a no. For my first I went in at 8 weeks, first appointment and said this is how I want to deliver, he asked why. I pretty much told him that's what I wanted (fear of labour, back surgery and what i preferred) and he said sure let's choose a date today.

This time I also had my date of delivery scheduled in at 8 weeks.

I do hope your friend gets the delivery she desires. I have never regretted my delivery.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to hopefully2 For This Useful Post:

Rocky27  (07-04-2012)