+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Whoever it was who suggested dishwashing detergent for oil/grease stains in clothes.... thank you!! I tried it today on my favourite singlet top - the one I gave birth in (well, had my bub pulled out of me with a lot of effort in!) - it's had lots of little oil spots on it but I still kept wearing it as I love it... now it's totally spot-free.

this means a lot to me.... I really should have thought of this myself as I use dishwashing detergent to clean like, everything anyway

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    You can herd flies out of the house by strategically turning off lights- turn off light in one room, then wait for the flies to follow the light to the next then close the door. Keep going room by room then turn an outdoor light on and turn off indoor lights and they will follow the light outside.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fox View Post
    Any tips on how to get Berocca out of the carpet. I've tried a carpet cleaner and everything.
    My useful tip is to use vinegar instead of fabric softener and instead of rinse aid in the dishwasher.
    Can you put vinegar in with a normal load of clothes? Does it make them smell? Sorry silly questions I know!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Can you put vinegar in with a normal load of clothes? Does it make them smell? Sorry silly questions I know!!!
    Yes you can and no they don't smell once they are dry.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to HarvestMoon For This Useful Post:

The Fox  (09-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I got rid of my daughters plantar wart by covering it in duct tape for 5 days. Changed the tape each day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    You can herd flies out of the house by strategically turning off lights- turn off light in one room, then wait for the flies to follow the light to the next then close the door. Keep going room by room then turn an outdoor light on and turn off indoor lights and they will follow the light outside.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub
    Genius! I have to try this...

It sounds somewhat better than my current strategy of running around like a crazy person with a can of flyspray, toxifying the house...

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Keep a bottle of lemon juice in the fridge, and when you cut chilli give your hands a spritz of lemon juice. Work it into your fingers, under your nails, everywhere! leave it for 20-30 seconds and then wash with soap. Or just rinse if you don't mind the smell of lemons. The acidity of the lemon juice neutralizes the capsaicin (the hot stuff!) from the chilli.
    I keep a cheap bottle of lemon juice in the fridge mainly for this reason as we use a lot of chilli lol.

To open a tight jar, just give the side of the lid a quick but firm tap on a counter edge. It ever so slightly warps the metal, breaking the vacuum. Just don't do it too hard .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Eko View Post

To open a tight jar, just give the side of the lid a quick but firm tap on a counter edge. It ever so slightly warps the metal, breaking the vacuum. Just don't do it too hard .

Also run lid under hot water works.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Love all of these i have been living with pen on my table for ages! Ill give it a try :-) on had a mould issue on cotton...... Straight vinegar sprayed on every dew hrs for 2 days in direct sunlight..... Gone. Also i have funny textured doors for my builtin wardrobe they had mould at the bottom couldn't get it of with a cloth ..... Dp used the broom and bang all the bristles got in there and gone.... Of course with vinegar ;-)

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are moving out of a rental and scrubbed the walls down with sugar soap but there were some marks we couldn't budge.

Got a paper towel. Sprayed it with a bit of 50:50 vinegar:water dipped it into bicarb and wiped it across the marks and they disappeared with hardly any effort.

Wish we had tried this first. Would have saved half a day's cleaning.