+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Subscribing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Coke cleans everything! Use it to soak jewellery, bottoms of burnt pots, shower scum, rust eater and even makes a kick a$$ slow cooked casserole :-)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mulva For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (12-04-2012)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fionaalice View Post
    And put it in a container full of rice, it draws the moisture out!
    Yep this works, dropped my phone in the bath (twice ) and after drying it with a towel I sat in a conatiner of rice for about a week, completely covered and it works fine now!

Another tip: Bicarb soda is awesome. I mix a teaspoon of it in half a glass of water for instant and long lasting heart burn relief. Also you can make a paste and apply to mozzie bites to stop the itching.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Put a couple of teabags into a spray bottle and leave it to soak. Use it to spray toys, cushions mattress pillow ect. The tannin in the tea naturally kills allergy causing dustmites.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mulva For This Useful Post:

DesperatelySeekingSleep  (06-04-2012),Gandalf  (06-04-2012),heartjb  (08-04-2012),OS&N  (06-04-2012),TheCatsMeow  (06-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    To get those annoying weeds out of your brickwork pour boiling salted water onto them . They will die in a few days and won't grow again because the salt makes the soil crap. If they do just repeat step one. No nasty chemicals and cheaper!

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sunnyflower For This Useful Post:

Ash93  (06-04-2012),Eko  (08-04-2012),Mod-Nomsie  (12-04-2012),Shoopuf  (06-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Any for getting poo out of carpet? Yeah yeah ok, I wasn't quick enough with the nappy change this morning

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    oooh oooh oooh just remebered another lifesaver one. We had new carpets put in and DP decided to install a new light fitting. 2 rooms down, one to go.. The final room was proving to be a fiddly pan in the butt! Anyway, we found out that (here comes tip #1) when doing this kind of work it is advisable to do so during the day, not at night. Especially NOT by candle light cos you run out of batteries for the torchs and wiring is hanging out the roof so you cant turn any power on till its sorted!

Now tip #2: when DP loses his patience and accidently spills hot candle wax on BRAND NEW CARPET while in a rush to get out of the room cos he has had enough of looking at it instead of waiting for me to come help like I said I would, I used absorbant paper towel and the iron on the LOWEST possible setting to gently lift the wax off the BRAND NEW CARPET. I was unsure of this method but after I tested it on a very inconspicuous spot I found it worked absolutely beautifully and you would never know that candle wax was spilled on BRAND NEW CARPET not even 24 hours layed.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DesperatelySeekingSleep For This Useful Post:

Gothel  (06-04-2012),hopefully2  (06-04-2012),KillerHeels  (06-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Spilt red wine on carpet? White wine will get it out. I've tried and tested this one.

Stains on a laminate bench will come out with toothpaste!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subscribing some of these are brilliant 😃

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Pop some washing up liquid into a zip lock bag and pop it into the freezer - instant ice pack!

When folding your bedsheets, place your fitted sheet, doona cover and one pillow slip into the other pillow slip - that way you'll never have to search for matching bedding each time you change the sheets!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to TheCatsMeow For This Useful Post:

SpecialPatrolGroup  (08-04-2012)