+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Unhappy CVS Result is Triploidy (fatal)

I was not considered high risk and down syndrome would not have been the end of the world, but we decided to get the screening done in case something else came up. Screening showed 1:38 risk due to the bloods, ultrasound all looked fine measurements all fine.

Well, I had a CVS after my blood test came back way out at the 12 week screening.
    The FISH results are saying Tiploidy (there are 3 of each chromosome) normally these pregnancies miscarry in the first trimester, I am currently 14 weeks and have had no sign of miscarrying.
    We are waiting for the final results before making a decision to terminate.
    Has anyone had the final results come back different to the FISH?

This is such a hard decision, I wish that that we didn't have to even consider it. What if the results are wrong? What are the chance the results are wrong?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh godsgirl, I'm so sorry. What a terrible time for you. When will you get the final results? I can't help I'm afraid, I just hope you are ok.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm sorry I cant help either I hope everything is ok

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so sorry godsgirl, as far as I'm aware FISH results are normally accurate and theres a very slight margin for human error though very small..very tough situation to be in and can't imagine the agonising wait..what other test are they doing is it amnio?

Thanks
    Reviews
    What a tough diagnosis. I'm so sorry. Hope you get your questions answered, and are comfortable with whatever decision you make.

Opinionated is offline Winner 2009 - Best Avatar
    You know you love me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry OP.

I am not pro nor against whatever decision you make. Just know that you don't have to make a decision. If it is true that your baby does have this result, and normally pregnancies that do miscarry, you could just wait. That way you could be sure that the result is accurate. You could also get an amnio and get a result one way or another that is 100% certain.

At 14 weeks, there is no rush. You have quite a bit of time to wait and consider this.

Good luck op.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Opinionated For This Useful Post:

Alphabetsoup  (05-05-2012),MissMuppet  (05-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The final results showed full triploidy and even if it was contained to the placenta - the end result would have been the same as it could not support the baby due to the abnormalities. After much prayer and research we decided to terminate the pregnancy (at 15 weeks I looked like I was 30 wks pregnant because of the size of the placenta - we could also see there was something wrong on the ultrasound so that confirmed we were making the right decision), so on 16th April (at almost 16 weeks) our little girl went to be with the one who created her, she was clearly not made for this world.
    I feel almost guilty that I am coping so well, but I suppose with God, anything is possible. I don't know how people cope with this sort of thing without knowing God, I just pray it would bring them closer to Him.

Thanks for everyones comments and support. We are really blessed with so many supportive friends and family - it has been quite humbling just letting people help.

If anyone wants advice or more info on the Triploidy diagnosis, termination or any support in general, I am more than happy to help. Just msg me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry your baby girl couldn't stay.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so sorry for your loss, being put in the position of having to choose is a terrible place to be. There are a few of us on BH who have had to interrupt a pregnancy due to medical reasons, if you ever want to chat please pm me. Hope you are traveling ok, big hugs for you and your angel xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    So sorry for your loss. God bless you and your angel baby. xx