+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I couldn't believe the price of eggs this year (well, ok, it's only the first time that I have really bought some, so maybe I was paying attention)....

I have spent probably $100.. a couple of weeks ago I let DD buy easter eggs at the shop and carry them around in a basket, and then I drove down the coast to buy her something special. everythign comes with a torch, and last year she got a torch and it set on fire.., so no torches. I got some Dora thing, and then a little basket and some other eggs because I have a need to put eggs in a basket inside of a towel like we did when we were kids...

.......... and then because I was in the hospital having an operation this week I bought her a schleisch rabbit hutch and some rabbits for Sunday because she really has been the most amazingly brave big girl..so that was another $35.

And then I have eatne some of her eggs (bad Mummy, but meh, I haven't been able to eat chcocolate for 6 months, and I am partying like my **** is invincible), so I will probably have to replace them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Some people buy a lot... they buy for every kid they've ever met. lol.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Wow I'm so surprised at how much some of you say you spend on chocolate eggs

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am an Easter stinge. DS will get a few eggs in an egg hunt, and that's that. Are PJ's the done thing for Easter? I quite like that idea. Practical.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I worked at Kmart as a teen and people would come through spending $200-$500 on eggs consistently.

I'm not surprised by that number at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    I bought my easter eggs yesterday. Spent about $40. This was something for myself and DH plus my parents, MIL, and my sister and her fiancé.

As DS is way too little for chocolate I bought him a custom made Easter bunny and a cute onesie with a bunny on it. These cost me less than the chocolate!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did my easter shopping yesterday at Big W.

I bought for DD, DS1 DS2, DH, my Mum, my Sister, 3 Nieces and my Nephew.

I spent $95 in total, but $45 of that was on a new pair of slippers each for DD, DS1 and DS2 as their non-chocolate present.

*I can haz typos*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've spent $50 on DH's family (5 people) only because they do a thing where evenings gets each other eggs. DS is too young. I've sewn him a couple of pairs of pj pants.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We don't do easter gifts at all. I have bought some eggs that I east lol they taste better for some reason!! I have given the kids some as a treat too, but they don't get their own easter chocolate.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Opinionated is offline Winner 2009 - Best Avatar
    You know you love me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Beetle View Post
    Are PJ's the done thing for Easter? I quite like that idea. Practical.
    Lots of families I know do pj's for easter because it is the time of year we are going into winter and most kids need new ones. Mine are getting two pairs of winter jammies each, a pair of slippers each and a smallish boxed egg each, because they would feel ripped off if the bunny didn't bring chocolate. Having the bunny bring pj's makes him seem more generous than he really is, they needed the pj's anyway, this way it is just a little more exciting to get them.

Otherwise, I am a stinge too. I haven't bought my nephews anything, they will get enough from my parents and their parents. I am hoping that their family hasn't bought anything for my kids.