+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default clomid

Morning, what days do you take clomid and what cd do you ovulate?

hope to get some feedback

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there

I am currently on my second round of clomid. First round I took 50g per day from cycle day 5 - 9. I think it depends on how long your period lasts (other ladies are told to take clomid cycle day 2 - 7). This round i took a slightly higher dose as I didn't respond as well as what my FS would have liked.

There is no 'set' day that you will ovulate but if you are being monitored by blood tests and scans then your FS should be able to give you a fair idea of when to expect ovulation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and first cycle I ovulated on approx day 18 and this cycle day 14

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm also on my second round of Clomid. First cycle I took 50mg on CD 2-7. I didn't ovulate. This cycle, I took 100mg on CD 2-7 again and I ovulated on CD18. I was expecting to ovulate earlier but I'm glad I ovulated at all. I would have been so disappointed with another 'failed' round..

Thanks
    Reviews
    I start it in may (roughly may 3) and i've got to take it day 3-7, 25mg. FS said that i should ovulate between day 10-20 of my cycle but as i've been on other stuff that makes my cycle 21days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, i started mine on day 2, but didnt ovulate on this cycle so hoping next cycle i do

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tormy- I'm on second round now. First round 50mg day 2-6, had a scan day 12 which showed no dominant follies so scanned again day 17 and still no follies. I got the option then to start fsh injections with more scans or just start provera again and then up my clomid dose to 100mg and start metformin.
    Being my first cycle I thought I'd just start provera again and try the increased dose. I was pleased I didn't have to wait ages for af to come on it's own, fs said we could still be waiting at Christmas haha.
    All the best to you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    tormy- I have no idea as im in between FS's at the moment, but i spoke to one of the nurses at the new clinic as she said it would be best if I cycle again with the clomid, so thats what im doing, It will be no different to the last cycle as the old clinic didnt monitor people on clomid. I have to go on the pill to get my AF to start so Im hoping that it all works out and im due to ovulate around the 17th of May as thats my appointment date and they said i may be able to go straight into a IUI cycle so it all plans out lol,

Thanks
    Reviews
    , Im not new to use of clomid as i had to use it with #1 & #2, we are now trying for bub #3 & will be starting 1st round of clomid tomorrow.
    with #1 i had to take it from day 3-7 & was taking 50mg (1 tablet) with #2 i was taking it from day 4-8 & i started with 1 tablet & then worked my way to 3 tablets b4 it made me ovulate & this time i am taking it from day 5-9 but gyno has told me to start with 2 tablets only coz of my history with my last 2 babies.
    Normally when i havent got any eggs there mature enough for ovulation my gyno starts me on provera straight away so i dont have to wait too long b4 AF comes.