+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Liquid diet for 2.5 year old??

So my 2.5 year old doesn't eat, he has completely stopped eating everything bar a couple of things which include, dry plain biscuits, hot chips - sometimes, and that's about it, we are waiting to see a dietician but in the meantime he has been Havering formula as I can't starve him, is formula sustainable enough or is there something better I could/should be giving him, apart from Solid food obviously.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 2.5yo is exactly the same. The only way I can describe what he eats is that if it's white he'll eat it otherwise he eats absolutely nothing at all.. I recently found out by accident that he has quite large tonsils which I had no idea as to why he wasn't eating and I was getting frustrated all of the time. Formula as in toddler milk has become our friend over the last 12 months and we are currently waiting to have his tonsils removed.
    I think toddler milk is sufficient enough but the only thing I've noticed is that my 2.5yo doesn't have regular bowel movements as if he would if he was eating proper meals everyday..
    Good luck :-)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mummymagz For This Useful Post:

spitthedummy  (04-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mummymagz View Post
    My 2.5yo is exactly the same. The only way I can describe what he eats is that if it's white he'll eat it otherwise he eats absolutely nothing at all.. I recently found out by accident that he has quite large tonsils which I had no idea as to why he wasn't eating and I was getting frustrated all of the time. Formula as in toddler milk has become our friend over the last 12 months and we are currently waiting to have his tonsils removed.
    I think toddler milk is sufficient enough but the only thing I've noticed is that my 2.5yo doesn't have regular bowel movements as if he would if he was eating proper meals everyday..
    Good luck :-)
    Sorry I only just saw your post! My boy only, well mainly only eats white food too! But he is even starting to go off that too... glad to know I'm not the only one, thank you for your advice!

Thanks
    Reviews
    You are most welcome.. Good luck and I hope he improves for you soon enough because I know how difficult it can be :-(

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Have you thought of a nutritional supplement like sustagen or the like. They have b vitamins included.
    Perhaps try yoghurts too???

8. The Following User Says Thank You to moongazer For This Useful Post:

lupa  (22-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    A year ago, my now 2.5yr old would only eat rice crackers! She guzzles a green juice without batting an eyelid now! I started off adding to her plate, 1 new thing at a time, not even asking her to eat it, just putting it on her plate and sometimes she would try it sometimes not. I also got some mana bears which a vitamins made from veggies, they are great and she loves them. I find that with my girls unfamiliarity is scary, if they see me eat foods they will too.

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by moongazer View Post
    Have you thought of a nutritional supplement like sustagen or the like. They have b vitamins included.
    Perhaps try yoghurts too???
    This. There is also pediasure and similar which are high calorie drinks. 3 a day was a complete diet for DD (until 2yrs old) so I made sure she had at least 1 a day on top of her food to help her gain weight

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi my boy is 22 mo. Like yours, he doesn't eat. If he does have anything it's, plain boiled pasta, hot chips, rice cakes. If he eats i mean 1 or 2 mouthfuls But we do know he has severe reflux, duodenal ulcers and iron deficiency. We have a follow up with his paediatric gastro in 2 weeks. But basically he will probably book him in for a gastroscope and colonoscopy.

Pediasure is great. Full of everything they need. But it's still very frustrating when they don't eat.

I wish you all the very best and your not alone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ds who is 2.5 has a cup of pedasure at night before going to bed. He is a very fussy eater and unless it's a pasta based meal will not eat dinner in the evenings. The only vege he will eat is pumpkin and even then that's not regularly.
    He had his pead follow up last week and had dropped down from the 50th percentile to the 25th for his weight so the dr told us to give him the pedasure instead of the cows milk before bed to help get the nutrients and extra calories into him.