+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default My 2yo has had a high temp for 5 days now. Need advice??

I keep dosing him up with panadol & nurofen.. If I take him to the docs they'll just say he had tonsillitis like they usually do even though he doesn't.. His tonsils are normally that big for them to diagnose it as that.. He is currently on the hospital waiting list to have them removed. But, what can I do, I can't tell a doctor cos they know everything. I'm abit over it. Temp now for 5 days and nurofen and panadol is starting to not work anymore :-/
    Advice please?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would go to the Hospital. Poor little thing hope he gets better

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yep, 5 days of Panadol and Neurofen and still having a fever is not OK. If it is tonsillitis not only will his tonsills be enlarged, but also inflamed and red and possibly have pus on them (I know, mine did until I had them out!). If it is not his tonsils he must have another source of infection. Does he have other symptoms, is he playing normally if you don't give him panadol? Is he lethargic? Does he have other respiratory symptoms, sore ears, poor appetite etc. My DD had chronic glue ear, which lead to a lot of respiratory infections until she had grommets.

Either way, I wouldn't allow my child to have a fever (over 38) that's not controlled by panadol/nearofen, and not see a Dr. A common cold would generally not have a fever for that long, so I would be thinking there is something else going, especially if there are other symptoms.

Take him to the GP if he still has a fever tomorrow...IMO

Thanks
    Reviews
    He has a terrible cough and I've goggles a few things. It possibly sounds like pneumonia so I am taking him to a&e now to be checked out just in case. The only thing that annoys me is that we live in a country town with a not very fantastic hospital and it is full of interns that usually tell you what you already know and then they send you home..
    Thanks heaps and I'll let you know how we go..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Googled* not goggles