+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Question How to write a cover letter?

Hi everyone,

Im currently undertaken my cert 3 in childrens services. I have hit a problem as i cant get any workplacement until the end of the year when i was meant to complete it in july but due to not being able to get workplacement. We did have plans once i was finished in july to move interstate at the end of the year while i work after wards for about 6 months so my husband told me about how you can look on seek and some child cares are looking for people who are untaking their cert 3. So i am looking at applying for some of them.
    My husband thinks i should put in my cover letter that i am a proud parent of 2 toddlers He thinks if i put that in my cover letter i would have a bit more of a chance of getting it compaired to someone that hasnt got any children.

Does anyone know how i should be writting my cover letter to include that i am a mum etc.

any help would be great thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think it's a good idea, maybe something along the lines of...

... As a mother of two young children I believe / I feel ...

Or...
    Having had 2 young children I believe / I feel...

Or...
    With two young children I believe / I feel that I will be able to embrace this journey...

I am no professional letter writer, but I would happy to pull some of my old cover letters up and incorporate something in regard to your children.

Good luck!
    HTH.