+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Who knows... I think it's a combination of several things.

***Sent from my phone***

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Have not read other responses, but I do not believe the rate is increasing. Our understanding is increasing, therefore allowing more people on the higher functioning end to be diagnosed.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (15-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    Have not read other responses, but I do not believe the rate is increasing. Our understanding is increasing, therefore allowing more people on the higher functioning end to be diagnosed.
    I agree.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree. My sons father shows very clear ASD red flags and yet he has never been tested. He is late 20s. I have a lot of aspergers traits but was never tested despite having a speech delay as a child.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I agree 100%, just like most other things 'these days', it's not because the instances are increasing, but because the awareness is increasing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have worked with children for over 20 years and I have seen a definite increase in Autistic type behaviours, however I do think there is a lot more diagnosis too.