+ Reply to Thread
    Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default leap pad etc

Are these any good??
    Do you need lots of accessories for them, or can you just buy a basic unit and use that?
    My poor nearly 2yo is getting bored with colouring and stickers

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My girls have a leap pen or something?? But they never use it. And then they also have a Leapster, but it has broken already (they only got it for Christmas!)

They did love the Leapster until it broke. Not sure about leap pads though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    hey, i bought my son a leap pad 2 weeks ago, they are just great. He is a very spiritd child but he will sit dowm and play nicely with the leap pad. the ga,es are very educational t.... You can buy apps or cartridge games for it but it come with apps already so no need to buy all At once. very good product

Mod-pegasus is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My daughter got a leap pad for Christmas - she loves it.

You can download games off the net or buy cartridges. (You can buy credit in the form or cards for the downloading).

The games are so much more educational that a lot of the stuff for DS etc. My DD is 5 and she loves that she can draw with it, take pics, edit the pics, get more shampoo and treats for her pet when I sync her pad with the PC (this doesn't cost anything - it's a way for you to update what activities have been done by the child and find out more info about where they're at).

It's been very durable, and suits her well
    Last edited by Mod-pegasus; 18-04-2012 at 02:30.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We got one for DS - massive waste of money. The actual device was $165 (on special) but the games on top of it are soooo expensive! We got a couple for $15 each, but the ones we wanted were over $30 each. The game graphics are crappy IMO and the screen isn't the best quality.

We specifically bought it for a huge upcoming plane trip (otherwise we wouldn't have) but we are actually going to leave it behind and just let him play on the IPad if he gets bored. The kids apps on the IPad are *amazing*, very good quality, educational and cheap! Heaps of them are even free (the Play School app is free and it's awesome!).

I'm not suggesting you buy your LO an iPad by the way but in our situation, the leap pad was a waste of money.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    We looked at one for our almost 4 year old but thought they were a bit of a waste of money, so we brought a Nintendo DS instead

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub